Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Helmets….
  • MartynS

no, no not that old debate!

Getting to the point I need to replace the Giro Zen I’ve got. Before I get another Zen what else is out there and worth a look?

I quite like the look of the Poc trabec helmets,but they are quite pricy!
    Any recommendations from the STW massive

ta in advance

whattyre
    Free Member

i use a xar and i love it,2 days into its new use had an otb moment which resulted in a non fatal dent in the top…still using it,saw the carbon exo skeleton in a shop once that theyve got which explains the lightness..very comfy and plenty vented for foreign sorjourns..

try a poc on..i wanted to love it but it made my swede look enormous! so it went back on the shelf 🙄

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ve been a long-time Giro user, made a switch to Met after trying on the Terra helmet.

Very comfy! Decent price. Keeps your head nice and cool.

mmel
    Free Member

My brother in law got a Giro Feature at Christmas – I was quite jealous.

Looks kinda like a POC but for a third the price!

IHN

I’d say, if you like what you’ve got, go with what you know.

j40aja
    Free Member

I got a POC Trabec Race for Christmas, have a look on Amazon, they had a decent discount when I got mine!
    I had a Giro Hex before and the POC feels amazing in comparison, hopefully I won’t need to test it’s crash absorbing capabilities!!

anto164
    Free Member

Get a Giro Xar.

Same fit as a Zen, just a better retention system.

rj
    Free Member

I’ve gone from a Giro Hex to a 661 Recon. Bit comfier and doesn’t look quite so huge. I tried the POC, but it looked absolutely huge, and I’m sufficiently vain that that was a deal breaker. That and it cost twice as much as the 661.

slownsteady
    Free Member

+1 for the Giro Feature. Just got the evil olive green colour from myspokes.co.uk for £40 delivered, same price for the 2013 colours too.

composite
    Free Member

I can recommend the Lazer “Nirvana” helmet.
    Review here: http://www.composite-projects.co.uk/2012/09/lazer-nirvana-helmet-review/

Merlin still have it on sale as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Helmets….’ is closed to new replies.