Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Helmet why ISSNT it illegal to not were one?
  • reubena
    Free Member

Why don’t they make wearing helmets compulsory the amount of times I’ve been out riding and seeing people on proper Mtb trails with no helmet on what idiots!
    Surely its a no brainier to make it illegal to not were one and why do kids think it cool to not were one?!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Kindly **** off

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Tell us more about your accident Reubena

jota180
    Free Member

Back under your bridge OP

5thElefant
    Free Member

Because you’d get even more halfwits unable to sensibly assess risk?

z1ppy

You could fall and die walking down the road, let introduce full body bubble wrap suits & make it compulsory!
    Must get my shares in the bubble wrap bought 😯

scotroutes

“no brainer”. Well done.

As you are only 14 you may not have heard all the arguments before. I suggest you do some investigation before poking STW with a sharp stick.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I wonder how you ‘were’ a helmet anyway?

Just for the record, I was wearing a helmet when I broke my ankle in 3 places. It provided no protection to me whatsoever in that incident. Who do I address my letter of complaint to?

downgrade
    Free Member

The amount of times I’ve seen drunk people fall over in the street and bang their heads…

etc etc etc

z1ppy

Damn it, cycling just far to dangerous lets just ban that, makes more sense.

Ohhh and introduce compulsory helmets wearing for anyone (pedestrians) over the DD limit.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Damn it, cycling just far to dangerous lets just ban that, makes more sense.

No, that’s just silly, lets just make it safer.

Bikes are inherently unstable, so lets add two more wheels. In case anything does wrong, I think we should add a metal box of some sort around the people on the bike. Then put in some nice seats and seatbelts, just in case…

aracer
    Free Member

IME when people describe something as a “no brainier” (sic) it usually means they haven’t bothered to use theirs before making their argument.

scaled
    Free Member

More interesting question for me, why do skydivers wear helmets?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I would always wear a helmet but it is up to people decide.

maxtorque

I think the only reasonable argument for compulsory helmet wearing should be for children, lets say, for the sake of that argument, aged under 12.

Otherwise, it’s your head, your choice!

antigee

Despite the fact that here in Victoria, Australia helmets are mandatory for cyclists (and kids on scooters) People still like to discuss it – read this and come back (make sure you read all 7000+ posts) there will be a test if you then decide you really want to discuss it – The test won’t include comprehension as to be honest most of it isn’t.

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=31309

longmover
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Well that’s the OP covered then.

maxtorque

scaled

Mid air collisions with other divers, poor landings that end in face plants, and even smacking you head on the door frame (or worse, the wing/tail!) of the plane you are chucking yourself out of……….)

fourbanger
    Free Member

Guys. Don’t take the piss, this is serious.
    You’d were a lid to if you wear riding this:
    Sick sh!t

bigblackshed

Fourbanger.

Thanks for that. I’m inspurred to ryde my bike now. I’ll were a helmut cos it’s a no brainer.

😉

RustyNissanPrairie

Rad skills. Is it still half term?

aracer
    Free Member

If the OP likes I could put him in touch with this chap who would clearly appreciate being told why he should wear a helmet

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Surely the important question is where did the OP go to school as he/she clearly can’t spell.

Next question for the OP. Tell us how do you propose they enforce said law to wear a helmet? Let’s take the above tandem riders, clearly out in the middle of some hills so how many other people will be doing the same every day/weekend at hundreds of locations around the country, so what do we do? reassign the police from catching real criminals and get them to hide in a bush on the off chance they catch a mountain biker without a helmet on. Oh and let’s not forget about the thousands of roadies who don’t wear them every time they go out too.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Where’s that annoying argumentative **** when you need him.

rene59
    Free Member

Chance encounters with angry seagulls.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Why don’t they make wearing helmets compulsory the amount of times I’ve been out riding and seeing people on proper Mtb trails with no helmet on what idiots!
    Surely its a no brainier to make it illegal to not were one and why do kids think it cool to not were one?!

When I was your age I had pretty cut and dried views on things too. As you get older you’ll hopefully realise such simple absolutes only get you so far.
    Some people don’t though – they become UKIP supporters.

psling
    Free Member

More than 99% of people I know who have sustained injury requiring hospital attention whilst riding MTB have been wearing a helmet. Pretty scary statistic…

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

/off topic

aracer, tell me that’s a picture of the infamous TJ?

/back on topic

scotroutes

Tis, though I go more for legendary than infamous.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Fair comment scotroutes, prefer legendary too. Ah the good old days. Looking forward to the next chain lube thread 😉

aracer
    Free Member

scotroutes would know as he took the picture (if I’m remembering real names correctly)

Junkyard
    Free Member

DO you get bonus points if you can name the stoker?

rOcKeTdOg

Mrs TJ

What do I win? A helmet?

njee20
    Free Member

scotroutes would know as he took the picture (if I’m remembering real names correctly)

Real names? 😕

Presumably you mean Druidh? Surely people don’t actually exist away from STW?

aracer
    Free Member

Fail!

brooess
    Free Member

scaled

Mid air collisions with other divers, poor landings that end in face plants, and even smacking you head on the door frame (or worse, the wing/tail!) of the plane you are chucking yourself out of……….)

A boot in the face at 120mph does tend to hurt + a full face in winter stops your face freezing or getting peppered with the sharp end of the raindrops when you’re falling thru a cloud

More to the point, why issnt it illegal to post on STW without passing a basic grammar and spelling test first?

aracer
    Free Member

Very brave Graham. I thought about posting something similar, but expected my recent posting history (I’ve been posting from a phone a lot) to be thrown back at me!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Issnt?

Will you be disqualifying yourself? 😉

(Edit: rereading I am probably missing the intended joke there!!! Oops….)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Helmet why ISSNT it illegal to not were one?’ is closed to new replies.