Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Helmet recommendations xc & road.
  • lodge
    Free Member

Looking for a decent helmet I can use for xc and road bike , any recommendations greatly appreciated.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i use a MET sine thesis for both duties, they are a bit pricey though

nomakoman
    Free Member

Had a bell volt a few years now, not cheap but great fit n well vented

GW
    Free Member

don’t really need a helmet for either but if you must almost any cycle helmet will be just fine

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Check out the Spiuk Daggon. Great quality, really well vented and very competitive pricing.

GW
    Free Member

spunk dragon!! excellent!!! 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLs

OP – whatever fits and you think looks cool, def not what armchair internet riders think is cool…

GW
    Free Member

Sorry, just had to google image it..

rather fitting 😉

beej

What Cynic-Al said.

Try a few on. Buy one you like and meets your budget.

Giro generally fit me well. Specialized generally don’t.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

LAS Squalo for me. Really comfortable & you don’t see them everywhere.
    Mine came with two liners as well, a summer & a winter one than restricts air flow.

njee20
    Free Member

How unnecessary GW, well done.

I like my 2Ds, better than the newer Prevail, which I find less well ventilated.

hainman
    Free Member

BIKETART have the 661 recon’s for 40quid-ish and ON-ONE have the giro hex at 35quid…..swithering to buy either myseld as my spesh tactic just insnt the right fit.
    bought before i tried and regret it but wifey bought it as a gift so maybe order black hex as it looks similar to the spesh.

benjbish

Giro Athlon cheap at On One at the moment. Good venting and single-handed size adjusted on the fly is awesome. Visor on and off if need be. Love it.

Janesy
    Free Member

If for road and mountain bike, I’d look at the specialized helmts. Ive got an sworks but the 2d is another option.

A zen, hex or any 661 would look ridiculous on a road bike. Next you’ll be wearing baggies….

njee20
    Free Member

Ive got an sworks but the 2d is another option.

The 2D is an S-Works, the Prevail is the newer one, but the 2D is better IMO. I find it more comfortable, which is personal, but the 2D is definitely better vented.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve been really happy with my Catlike Vacuum. It’s designed for dual use and has a removable peak.

Keeps your head lovely and cool in the Summer but strangely not too cold on a frosty morning (can’t work that one out).

http://road.cc/content/review/36114-catlike-vacuum-helmet

theprawn
    Free Member

I can’t believe someone recommended a bell. doesn’t the name alone put you off?

specialized all the way if they fit you.

neilforrow

kask do really nice lids… both xc and road… tis what the sky team are wearing this year you know…

http://www.velobrands.co.uk/kask-helmets-c-298.html

Janesy
    Free Member

The 2D is an S-Works, the Prevail is the newer one, but the 2D is better IMO. I find it more comfortable, which is personal, but the 2D is definitely better vented.

Didn’t relise that, thought they were different.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Helmet recommendations xc & road.’ is closed to new replies.