Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Helmet reccomendations/deals?
  • ontor
    Free Member

Sadly it seems on-one are out of the MET Veleno’s that I have been using for years and as I wrote-off another one today I need a new hat pretty sharpish – Any recommendations or cheap deals about?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Sportspursuit had some deals on Giro recently

rob-jackson
    Free Member

met kaos at on-one for £40

Fox Flux has been the best helmet I’ve ever had

ontor
    Free Member

Cool – any others?
    Any Bell Super users yet?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Owner but not yet user! Worn it round the house a bit to make sure it fits though. Generally comfy fit, my head only really seems to fit into Bells and I’ve used them for years, so if you are a previous Bell user, assume the fit as good.

One niggle with the fit is that the straps seem to come out from quite far outboard in the helmet shell so rather than strapping around the side of the head and under the chin, they angle in and pinch a little under the chin without really touching the side of the face at all. It’s a tad uncomfortable with the straps done up as tight as I’d normally have them.

Asthetically, it looks quite large on the head, from the front I’m not that keen on it.

Overall I like it and reckon I’ll keep it once my housebound tests have been done, but it isn’t quite as perfect for £100 as I had hoped. That said my head just didn’t feel comfy in any of the Giro, 661, Fox or Speccy options I tried so I don’t have much choice.

rocketman
    Free Member

tenacious_doug: can I ask where you got it from?

ddmonkey

I got a Specialized Tactic II recently – very comfy one-helmet does all and not too pricey. Understated styling.

Northwind

I heartily recommend <helmet I own>

Fox Striker for me, it’s not quite got the coverage of the old Flux but it’s a lovely bit of kit- smaller, lighter, comfier. Good straps etc but it wraps nicely round my head rather than sitting on top like Giros tend to. Ace.

stewartc
    Free Member

Bell Super user here, only been using it for a month but very happy, well ventilated and the straps work well but as noted above, it does feel a little large.

kayak23

ontor – Member
    Cool – any others?

Another owner but not user yet, only got it yesterday. Got mine from Spain Retto.com

Coming from a Fox flux, this helmet instantly fits me better. The flux felt like it perched atop me head, but the super cups my head more. Feels light, is ridiculously bright green, and hopefully I’ll like wearing it on the bike.

loddrik
    Free Member

Je James have big reductions on Lazers.

Just bought a Uvex from Halfords at a decent reduction, most comfortable helmet I’ve had and lightest by some margin.

desboy3
    Free Member

As has already been asked who is stocking Bell Supers?

carbosteve
    Free Member

Just got a fox flux from cycle surgery price matched with winstanleys – £59

jler1985

Fox flux for me, super comfy and looks great. You can get a 2013 model from stiff cycles for £49 when you type in foxy30 in the promo voucher box.

kayak23

Spain, France, Germany etc etc….

stewartc
    Free Member

Got mine in Japan.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Evans are doing 10% off at the moment

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Helmet reccomendations/deals?’ is closed to new replies.