Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmet lights with battery on helmet.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Exposure obviously, and then I can think of the Lupine Pixo, and the wee mapdec/mtbbatteries ones. What else is there where the battery could also reasonably be strapped to the helmet. Hope R4? Gloworm? Anything else?

jimw
    Free Member

AyUps?
    Latest versions probably bright enough

Big-M
    Free Member

currently running a Moon X Power 780 on my helmet, all in one USB rechargeable…

jam-bo

Gloworm x2 with a 2cell battery works well. 2hrs plus life if you turn it down for the slow bits.

stevied
    Free Member

I use a home made light but find a 2-cell battery on the back of my helmet helps to balance the weight of the light near the front.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Should have added that, preferably, I’d like to just run one light, so would need to be enough by itself.

belugabob
    Free Member

Cateye Volt 300/700/1200?

Still amazed how few self contained (Exposure style) lights there are – got an irrational dislike of external battery packs and cables.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What about the Hope R1? Only 500 lumens but 2.5 hrs with a 2 cell battery, and gets a good write up when STW tests it.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I use a Niterider 750 pro, with the battery on the helmet, its ‘just’ light enough.

STATO
    Free Member

What about the Hope R1? Only 500 lumens but 2.5 hrs with a 2 cell battery

Problem with that, why wouldnt you just get the Exposure Joystick Mk9 at 700L, almost same price and no faffing with separate battery to attach and cables to deal with.

jay_tht
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Fair point stato – didn’t realise the current one was so much brighter than my old one.

I’ll check out the other suggestions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmet lights with battery on helmet.’ is closed to new replies.