Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • helmet light mounting and where do you put your battery?
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

I’ve got a C&B seen light, it comes with an elastic head mount. Do people cut the elastic and zip tie it? And if you don’t use a back pack where do you store your battery? Chest pocket? Thanks 1 shed.

Phil_H

Jersey back pocket for me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a solarstorm helmet mounted, bought a helmet mount from eBay, came from Hong Kong but arrived in a week. Battery is in my Camelbak, I made a small hole under the shoulder strap and threaded the cable through then zip tied it to the centre grab handle. Cable stays well out the way and works well.

benp1

CBA with all the cables, that’s why I have an 18650 light on my head, spare battery is my saddle pack

ricky1
    Free Member

I have a Cree t6 and the elastic head mount fits around my helmet nice and dung,doesn’t move at all and I hear people have that problem a lot,I always wear a smallish rucksack if I’m going out at night with extra gear in in case anything happens so that’s where the battery goes.

jekkyl

Mount ziptied to the front and the battery ziptied to the back, I prefer not to ride with a camelbak. It makes the helmet a bit heavier but not tons.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

– Gloworm on helmet
    – remote switch glued on side of helmet
    – cables all run internally then exit out of the back of the helmet
    – battery pack in front pocket of camelbak (not in main compartment)

breadcrumb

I have the battery pack strapped to rear of my lid, as low as possible. I quickly got use to the extra weight and I find it quite balanced too.

1-shed
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, attaching to the helmet still a slight quandary.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘helmet light mounting and where do you put your battery?’ is closed to new replies.