Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Helmet light – Exposure?
  • Any Joystick MK11 users?

It’s it a decent bit of kit, or would you recommend a different model?

Already have a Hope R4+, but that’s better suited to bars. Currently run cheap Chinese on my head, but like the idea of no wires

Cheers

*Edit – wrong forum

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I use a sixpack on the bars, joystick on the lid for off road night rides, joystick is close to ideal for this. I use the joystick on the road bike if its low light conditions as well, the on and flashing thing Exposure do is fantastic.

andybrad

diablo on the lid.

It doesnt last long enough.

iainc

yes, I have one, and a MaxxD on the bars. The Joystick does a great job of filling the gaps in light and also shining where you are looking 🙂

It works best with a helmet with central vents. My current one (Spesh Ambush) doesn’t and the light sits slightly offset, which annoys me as I can feel the weight imbalance.

jimdubleyou

I’m looking for a lid lamp at the moment.

Swaying towards the diablo for the “TAP” technology which I don’t think the joystick has?

iainc

no Joystick doesn’t have TAP, but it is noticeably lighter feeling on the lid. It has a decent sized rubber button which is easy to toggle between outputs with gloves on.

andybrad

tap is rubbish off road.

jimdubleyou

no Joystick doesn’t have TAP, but it is noticeably lighter feeling on the lid. It has a decent sized rubber button which is easy to toggle between outputs with gloves on.

tap is rubbish off road.

Ok. That’s the decision to save and buy the joystick made then 🙂

hedley
    Free Member

I’ve a Toro on the bars and a Joystick Mk8 on the helmet. Brilliant bits of kit and I love them. They are expensive but I think worth it in the long run.

Especially when after a long and muddy ride I put all my kit in the washing machine. Queue wife asking a few hours later if “I’d meant to leave that in there?” (stupid question I know). Yup the Joystick went through a 1 hour 20 wash with fast spin. It had fallen out of my bag where I’d forgotten I’d put it and had been clunking about in the machine.

Thinking I’d made an expensive mistake I turned it on and it worked perfectly and has ever since.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Helmet light – Exposure?’ is closed to new replies.