Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Helmet light.
  • zippykona

Currently running a Fenix p3d but already thinking about my Christmas present.
    Would a USE Diablo or AyUp ultralight be noticeably brighter?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have a search on here.

At teh cheap end of the market a magic shine or DX torch or a similar light from a UK resellor such as smudge. £30 – 70 for 5 times the light of your torch

At the expensive end trout or luminous lights. Hundreds of pounds for 10 or 20 times the light from your torch

neninja
    Free Member

I tried one of the Smudge (www.mtbbatteries.co.uk) XML T6 lights for the first time tonight.

Perfect helmet light. I had it paired with a 3 x xpg light – LightandGo Fireball (pretty much the same as the Magicshine mj-870. The XML is very impressive – way more throw than the Fireball and loads of useful spill of light nearer to as well.

Considerably brighter than my Magicshine MJ836 I had before. Also seems to be much easier on the battery – more than 50% left after a 2.5 hour ride, the P7 based light would have used a lot more.

zippykona

Just got What MTB and looked at their light review.
    They loved the Ay Up . They quote higher output for them over the Diablo but the Diablo picture is brighter.
    Am I missing something?
    Also are the Ay Ups going to be subject to import taxes? I must be on some kind of black list as I always get stung for every tax going.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Am I missing something?

yes – the ayups are not as much light for your £ as the stuff I mentioned. a nice neat light mind you

Yetiman
    Free Member

I just bought one of these for helmet mounting.

monkeyboyjc

where as i bought one of these for about £13 + helmet tourch mount from ebay for £4……

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Helmet light.’ is closed to new replies.