Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • helmet giving me head pain???
  • renton
    Free Member

hi all,
    i wear a reasonably new spesh instinct helmet and for my last few rides ive been getting pains in my head??

i havent done a lot of riding latley and am just getting back into it so am pretty nbervous over techy sections of tracks and this is when i get the pain??

the pain is at the back of my head just up from my neck .

my helmet has never fitted right (always sliding forward ) but never bothered me??

any ideas.

cheers

steve

Trimix
    Free Member

Its too tight. Adjust the pads inside it or get one that actually fits. If it slides now, imagine what will happen when you actually do need it.

woody2000

If it slides, surely it’s too big?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

it could just be tension in your muscles across your shoulders.

Agree about making sure your helmet fits though – no point wearing it if it doesn’t.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Might also be your bars being too low. You say you’re just getting back into it, I get this a bit if I’ve not ridden my road bike in ages and ages, then jump on it to go for a real long ride. I should get round to shifting them up a bit.

Its just the fact your body hasn’t got use to the position again. Its perfectly comfortable all day if I’ve been riding it a bit.

yossarian
    Free Member

have you got it on the right way round?

matt_outandabout

What pack are you wearing?
    You may be trying to hold your head at a certain angle to stop the helmet falling forwards?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘helmet giving me head pain???’ is closed to new replies.