Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Helmet for a pinhead
  • J273
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a decent lid for a small head?

I have to have small no matter what i go for,Currently use a zen which is the best fitting less mushroomy but need to replace it .

Ive tried a flux, trabec, hex and they all just look wrong.

Im tempted with the giro feature has anyone got one and whats the fit like? or can anyone recommend anything ?

Many thanks

anthonytenniswood
    Free Member

i suffer with infant head too – i found the Urge Endur-O-Matic to be the only one that didnt look like a sink on my head. fits well and comes with 2 pad thinkneses

Kuco

Got a small Xar and I look like a mushroom. My old Specialized looked a lot better, found Giro’s look big on my pea head.

Looking at a new road helmet and think i’m going to go back to Specialized.

specialknees
    Free Member

Im in the same boat.
    Tried them all, and I mean ALL.

Spesh S1 is the only one that looks half decent, trouble is they went out of production years ago.
    A few do come up on Ebay now-and-again, judging by the money they go for I recon Im not the only one who has discovered them too late.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Im tempted with the giro feature has anyone got one and whats the fit like? or can anyone recommend anything ?

Same here, my heads a smallish 57cm and I’ve tried a multitude of helmets from Giro etc. including the Feature which I hate to say was just as bad despite the deeper coverage provides. Looks really nice too *curses*

Anyone tried the Kali Chakra?

wl
    Free Member

A few weeks ago I bought a small Hex from Wiggle at around £13. Fits great, and at £13 I’m not bothered if I look a tw*t.

sparkyrhino

+1 for urge enduromatic fits my beetlejuice noggin perfect and it looks good on some good deals on them if u trawl around,mine was £43

strongbow
    Free Member

Mrs Strongbow and I thought we were alone in the cycling world until now. My head size is 53cm (just measured it) and have had problems for years with helmets and glasses. I’ve been using Bell Sweep (small size) having tried everything and concluding it was the least mushroom like but Mrs Strongbow bought me small Giro Aeon for my birthday which is way more comfortable and as good as the Sweep for looks.
    If it’s any help to other squashed narrow peanut headed cyclists Smith “Toaster” is the smallest pair of glasses I’ve found with interchangeable lenses.

jamiep
    Free Member

Ive a pinhead and the zen was the least mushroom-heady for me too. Now got the xar which is the same but better. Cool and light. Can be found for £50-60 if you look. I would also consider the feature if I was in the market

moniex
    Free Member

I have a small head ( wear xs or xs ski helmets ) and used to have a hex, ok fit but looked a little bulky. I now have a feature and it is lovely, def more snug! I’d say get one!

Also my boys have a new small fox skate style helmet, surprisingly good fit and not that bulky if that is your sort of thing.

Hath Simone

J273
    Free Member

Ive just ordered feature to try as i couldnt find one local.

Ive tried a urge as i love the style ,but just looked too wide with me only having a 53cm round head 😯

br
    Free Member

Ive tried a flux, trabec, hex and they all just look wrong.

But did they fit?

I’ve a small head and find the Flux great.

Giro’s just don’t work for me.

hunta

I have exactly the same issue and settled on a Hex (last year’s, I think, but I believe it was just the colours that changed).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Helmet for a pinhead’ is closed to new replies.