• This topic has 27 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by K.s.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Helmet Cam virgin footage – includes a spill! (no it’s not smutty!)
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, I had an impulsive moment and ordered a GoPro Helmet Cam from the STW shop. It arrived yesterday (good work chaps / chapesses) 😀

It’s really ickle and easy to use. The hardest thing was getting the box open, which resulted in the box being pretty much destroyed!

Only used the helmet mount (bar mount coming later) and it’s absolutely rock solid, didn’t even move when I had an unintended dismount which is in the vid for your amusement. 😳

Anyway, went for a gentle ride to test it out and the result is here, so you can see for yourself.

Actual quality is a lot better than the compressed version on Vimeo. The lens is super wide, which tends to make things look a lot flatter than they really are. Otherwise I’m really pleased with it

This is my first venture into helmet cams, so any comments welcome.

Round of applause for anyone who can identify where this was shot!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Error!

FAIL.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Is that the link not working?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

try now (new to Vimeo too!)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Works now!

I have no idea where it is, but i wouldn’t mind riding there sometime. Looks a bit like Epping, but it’s not.

Good stuff!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Nice vid, nice off & nice music.

Don’t know where that is but it looks great fun on the trails 😐

Suggsey
    Free Member

Is there a clicky link sommewhere that I cant see straight to the video?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Linky in text in first post, but this is the link

Not Epping, but not amillion miles away – it’s in Essex

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thanks for that good first effort, it will be interesting to see how much better in lower light conditions the wide anled lens vrsion is. My mate did some vids last year of us at Glentress and Inners but the sections in tree cover were just too dark for the camera to cope with.

bikesr4riding
    Free Member

Nice footage. Really clear and stable. You’re using a GoPro, is that the one that looks like a mini camera?

I recently got an ATC5K, well it was a Christmas present actually, but anyway here’s some test footage from the first time using it. This is in Epping Forest. Let me know what you think of it? Enjoy

http://www.bikesr4riding.com/2009/01/11/video-sample-from-first-outing-of-atc5k/

retro83
    Free Member

Danbury?

will
    Free Member

Just ordered one of these from STW shop too, can’t wait for it to arrive!

bikesr4riding
    Free Member

will – Member
    Just ordered one of these from STW shop too, can’t wait for it to arrive!

Hi Will, which one, the GoPro, or the ATC5K?

retro83
    Free Member

Round of applause for anyone who can identify where this was shot!

Come on! Sharing is caring!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I like the general lack of vibration and good solid mounting of the camera but it still gets the frame wobble that the ATC23 and 5K series get, which is frustrating!

chvck
    Free Member

I love my gopro wide angle cam, the quality is really awesome, vimeo does destroy that slight tho! Those look like some fun trails too, here’s a video with one of my crashes in it, over the bars style 🙂

Link

will
    Free Member

bikesr4riding – Member

Hi Will, which one, the GoPro, or the ATC5K?

Go Pro mate. Arrived this morning 🙂

bikesr4riding
    Free Member

Will, make sure to post some footage when you get a chance to play with it. I’m hoping to film some more tomorrow when I hit the trails again…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Bristol? What the music?

will
    Free Member

bikesr4riding – Member
    Will, make sure to post some footage when you get a chance to play with it. I’m hoping to film some more tomorrow when I hit the trails again…

Take this morning, the camera is soooo cool! Need to adjust the mount. Really good quality.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

*wanders back into the room*

Blimey, an old post ressurected.

Yes, It’s Danbury (claps hands enthusiastically). Music is Emigrate (one of the guys from Rammstein’s side project) and the track is Resolution.

Off to watch the other vids now 🙂

bikesr4riding
    Free Member

will – Member

bikesr4riding – Member

Take this morning, the camera is soooo cool! Need to adjust the mount. Really good quality.

Whoa, nice shooting. Interesting camera angle. Doesn’t look like it was coming from a helmet mounted camera, more like something mounted at chest level. Must the the wide angle lens playing tricks? Good fun!

will
    Free Member

bikesr4riding – Member
    Whoa, nice shooting. Interesting camera angle. Doesn’t look like it was coming from a helmet mounted camera, more like something mounted at chest level. Must the the wide angle lens playing tricks? Good fun!

It was attached to me chest using the head mount. Which is essential 3 elastic strips that should go around your head, but put around your chest. Like i said, it needs to point further up, which i have done i think now.

Anyway this is how it is attached, also taken with the Go-Pro, only camera i have to hand 😆

K.s
    Free Member

WHY oh why is there a lack of trousers in the above pic?

will
    Free Member

😆 Just woken up, so just in boxers, now there is an image for you 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

ARGH!!! oh! my breakfast!!! nooooo!

will
    Free Member

😆

K.s
    Free Member

I think we all wish it wasn’t wide angle!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Helmet Cam virgin footage – includes a spill! (no it’s not smutty!)’ is closed to new replies.