Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Helmet cam recommendations please
  • lorax

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced, small, lightweight, decent quality helmet cam to be used while commuting?

I’m well aware of the ‘pick any two of three’ mantra, and of those criteria the most important is probably size, followed by video quality. It’s to be used while commuting and a Drift HD or GoPro will be too unwieldy, so I really want something small.

(and apologies if this has been done before on here – I have searched for previous threads on this and didn’t find them, but perhaps I was looking in the wrong place…)

project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmiSF5v_Qk[/video]lots here.

http://www.7dayshop.com/photo-video-supplies?cat=8

i use the tube ones look like a torch, filmed the above with one.

fivespot
    Free Member

Argos have a Hitachi GoPro copy reduced from £129 to £69

lorax

Many thanks guys, I’ll take a look

trail_rat
    Free Member

Roadhawk.

In lower light conditions the footage bruneep sent me from the 7dayshop piece of shit was shit.

Given i commute in low light almost exclusively i decided it wasnt worth it.

andyfb78
    Free Member

talk to dog cam sport, they are really helpful and let me send back the ones i decided to not to buy.

bruneep

In lower light conditions the footage bruneep sent me from the 7dayshop piece of shit was shit.

He’s right ^

Dispite the glowing review from ratty I still have the 7dayshop one somewhere if anyone wants it for price of postage.

fivespot
    Free Member

bruneep….i’ll take you up on that offer

lorax

Thanks again everyone! Having followed the suggestions, and looked around a fair bit this evening, it looks as if the Replay XD 1080 is my best bet. It’s far from cheap, but it seems to be the only one with decent quality that is reasonably small and light and doesn’t stick miles out from the helmet. I’ll have a word with dog cam sport in the morning…

bruneep

http://shop.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-ride-bullet-camera

Is what I’ll get when I get round to it.

TiRed

You need two. One facing backwards. It will also need to be clear enough to identify the driver through the windscreen when you are left in the ditch with no witnesses. Harsh, but this from experience of talking with the police about what is needed for a conviction. Watch the video above and tell me the colour of the driver’s hair.

trail_rat
    Free Member

+ for the roadhawk for sure. been very impressed with the clarity of mine in low light.

lorax

I just spoke a very helpful bloke at Dog Cam Sports who talked me through all the options, and I’ve ordered a roadhawk ride. The bullet HD2 sounds like a better camera, but the video loop function of the roadhawk won me over.

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats what made me go for it too lorax

be nothing worse than having forgot to empty the memory card. the charging after every commute is easy to remember but emptying the card would be a bollocks.

youll like it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Helmet cam recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.