Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Helmet cam- go pro hd or contour hd?
  • kinggb
    Free Member

Ive finally decided to invest in a helmet cam and after some research have narrowed my choice down to either a gopro hd or a contour hd but am struggling to decide which one to go for! Has anyone got either of these? any suggestions as to which one is best? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BMC09
    Free Member

i’ve got the Contour HD, love it, its picture quality is amazing. Main reason i went for it over the Go Pro is the mounting options, gives a much more flush mounting, less like attaching a sail to your head.

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive got a Contour 720.. great cam, video quality is excellent.. only one down side is… it gets terrible wind noise.. i put a bit of tape over the Mic that seems to help it a lot… apparently that has been addressed in the 1080 version

cubemeup
    Free Member

i have a standard gopro i think the picture there isnt that far behind tbh. when the cost of either is £269 you can look for the standard go pro for £150!!
    look on youtube for my vids bigginsofblackwood and look for yourself.

Northwind

The cameras are very close in performance, you wouldn’t regret getting either but the Gopro is far better for mounts, which is enough of an edge to make it the obvious winner.

I gather the new lower-res Gopro HD is just out and cuts the price a lot.

MRanger156
    Free Member

20% off with wiggle for the gopro this weekend

kinggb
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice just found the contour hd for £175 which seems too good to turn down so looks like its a contour for me!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Helmet cam- go pro hd or contour hd?’ is closed to new replies.