Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Helmesly, N.Yorks
  • wors

Anyone live there? What a lovely place, only drove through but what a cracking little town.

tinribz
    Free Member

Can be a bit of a bike mecca at the weekends, the motor type that is. Not that there is anything wrong with bikers, they are mostly middle aged IT workers too these days.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’m looking for a place to live in that neck of the woods – Thirsk or Osmotherley sort of area. Is it full of OAPs and gruff farmers? Looks like a pretty good location for biking, but I’ve not been riding up there yet.

tinribz
    Free Member

Trust me choose Osmotherley (I’m from Thirsk). Lots of nice villages round Northallerton.

Moses

try Kirkbymoorside. Lovely place. Say Hi to my great grandmother, who’s in the churchyard.

And it is a great biking area, go for a weekend first.

MoreCashThanDash

Curd tarts from Thomas the Bakers….second greatest curd tarts in the world!

Well, as my nan is dead, I guess they may have been promoted….

warton
    Free Member

Stayed in the feversham arms for my honeymoon, beautiful hotel in a beautiful village.

cranberry
    Free Member

Mowgli – Osmotherley is lovely to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there as car parking is very limited and its a honeypot for visitors in the summer.

2nd the lovely villages around Northallerton suggestion

monstamo
    Free Member

My bro lives in Brompton on the edge of Northallerton. Village life but the convenience of Northallerton’s amenities.
    Lovely place with a great wee school if yer needs stretch that far…

nickf
    Free Member

You could do worse than live in Stokesley (about 15 miles away from Helmsley), where my in-laws have been for the last 40 years. Great place, a couple of excellent butchers, and good riding and walking pretty much from your door.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Can’t really go wrong in that part of the world. Used to live in York and in my mid teens before I could drive, would ride from York to Helmsley on the road, do an off road loop and then ride back again. Utter madness!

nosemineb
    Free Member

Lovely place. I have many relatives there.
    Dont over look Ripon either.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

DO look Ripon over! Horrible little town (IMO)

I would go for Osmotherly myself – and some great riding straight off the doorstep on Black Hambleton.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Anywhere between the A1 and the sea and Guisborough and the A64. Bingo.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Thanks Mastiles! Sure it loves you to.

CHB

Bishop munkton and burton leonard are supposed to be lovely.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Moved to the UK and ended up near Easingwold.. About 12 mikes from Thirsk..
    Awesome part of the world.. Loads of great riding both on and off road in the area to be had..

If I could find work over there, then I’d leave Cheshire in a shot..

Enjoy.

Youll love it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Burton Leonard is lovely as is Stavely next door.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Helmesly, N.Yorks’ is closed to new replies.