Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Helly Hansen Lifa Warm Ice baselayer – still the best ?
  • iainc

I like a really warm base layer under an Endura Stealth for sub zero evening rides. Have an old thick Icebreaker, but have gone off merino a bit last few yrs and use Craft Active Extreme most of the time. Anything warmer out there ? I had a Helly Warm but never used it as it was always too big.

yes, I know I could just layer up with a couple of thinner ones 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

in short, yes.

queue the hordes extolling the virtues of the latest base layers, but yes, still the best, last the longest, don’t get too smelly (mostly), fit and forget.

stevied
    Free Member

Not cool, but I’ve found the M&S long sleeved thermal to be plenty warm-enough under a windproof jacket as low down as -14°

iainc

thanks, half the price too ! Might go have a look at them…

fionap

If you’re a Large then sports direct have the Helly for cheap: http://www.sportsdirect.com/helly-hansen-hansen-warm-ice-crew-base-layer-top-mens-429155

iainc

^^^ brilliant, just ordered one from them, much appreciated 🙂

devash
    Free Member

Personally I think nothing competes against Helly for the price to performance ratio. Sure, you can buy merino solutions for £100+ but why would you when you can pick up a Helly set (top and bottom) for £60 if you shop around.

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve got some old-school Helly (the plastic rather than wool ones) from 10+ years ago which have seen very regular use (and washing). They don’t smell, they still fit fine. Cost me about £22 from Bicester outlet village. Style may be a little out but they’re base layers…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Helly Hansen Lifa Warm Ice baselayer – still the best ?’ is closed to new replies.