Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hello to Mrs Flash & Domino.
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member
    domino

Ah ha Mr Soreen, we wondered if you were going to reveal your identity today – we didn't make the pub but we did make it back for a bacon buttie and Mrs Flashs delicious Blueberry, raspberry and lime drizzle cake.

Hope you had a good ride back to Settle, you'll have worked up a thirst for that cider by then I expect.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

a bacon buttie and Mrs Flashs delicious Blueberry, raspberry and lime drizzle cake.

Wish I'd come with you. Made it back OK, but after 35 miles and 5,500' of climbing I was asleep most of the night. Went to bed nearly sober 😥

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrsflash
    Free Member

Hello MrSoreen! Hope you had a good ride? We certainly did. We just about made 30 miles – although we did have to cheat slightly by riding up the track past Domino's house to get it to the round 30 🙂

Only downside to the day was that I've had another allergic reaction to whatever was biting me and my left arm and leg are hugely swollen and very sore again. Domino it looks like my wrist the other week, but 8 of them 🙁 Could barely bend my knee yesterday 🙁

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I hope you don't mind me looking at your legs, but they looked pretty badly bitten on Saturday. I was bitten by several horse flies, and they itch like **** at present.

Stoner
    Free Member

sounds like horse fly mrsf.

I had a little bite from one. Just a bit itchy, nothing serious. Then a few hours later there was a little head like a zit, so I attacked it, as you do. Bad, bad mistake. Apparently it floods you with the toxins in the bite – my ankle swelled up something rotten and I had to hobble for two days. Not doing that again.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I've had horsefly bites before but nothing like this reaction to them.

Stoner
    Free Member

H1N1 Horsefly variant eh?
    I blame the mexicans!
    🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

could be Stoner! 😆

domino

There must be something in my blood horseflys don't like (quinine from too many gin and tonics?) – I have one on my shoulder that is really itchy but my legs remained free of bites.

Ace ride though. Have you had some antihistamines Clare?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yes I have been downing the piriton and they seem to be doing the trick! it can't be the quinine Kat or I would never be bitten!

Stoner
    Free Member

I always thought it was Marmite in the bloodstream that helped?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hello to Mrs Flash & Domino.’ is closed to new replies.