Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hello STW only me! again, I need to source a 38 tooth ring, that's compatible=
  • kaesae
    Free Member

= with a dual ring set up, any ideas on where I can find one, I’ve already had a look online and can’t see anything.

This is the last part I need to finish off my bike, however I’ve been up since 6:40 and won’t get finished until well after 6 and it’s my day off!

Any ideas or even just to say there isn’t any such ring, I might just have to run a 36 tooth but ideally I would prefer a 38. Or should I just run a triple ring set up with an odd bash gaurd / chain device ❓

I hate the ratrace, steeling the moments of your own life is shit!

nonk
    Free Member

the new hope ones?? mebees?

scaredypants

??

twohats
    Free Member

I ran an 38t E13 guide ring on my double set up and shifting was perfect despite the fact its not got any shift ramps, profiled teeth etc.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Ta Chinook do a 38t middle chain ring with ramps,etc.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve been fairly happy with my 38t middleburn ring.

Their smaller rings are useless though.

schmiken

Have a look at TA Specialites or Stronglight. Both do ones with shifting ramps. About £45ish.

kaesae
    Free Member

cheers 😀

Think I’ll leave it for today, too much to get done, middleburn looks quite promising and so does the specialites and ta.

I will just have to do more research later on, 😯

kaesae
    Free Member

Got almost everything else through the post today, so I’ve bought a blackspire nuvi chainring, hopefully it will work OK and to be honest I can’t be bothered searching any more.

Any suggestions on jockey wheels, will any sram compatible ones do or are some better value than others ❓

whytetrash

Petra cycles was great for Jockey wheels

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bit late now but DMR doa 38t ring with shifting pins, wasn’t very smooth but it did shift.

kaesae
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, hopefully this will work, if it doesn’t I’ll come back on and say what problems I ran into.

😀

kaesae
    Free Member

Well I ordered my 38t ring and my jockey wheels from CRC on tuesday, got my jockey wheels yesterday but my ring still hasn’t arrived 😯

Not sure how that works out but hopefully I will recieve the last part I need soon ❓

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hello STW only me! again, I need to source a 38 tooth ring, that's compatible=’ is closed to new replies.