Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hello and good evening.
  • althepal

Well, was drawn here from BM due to the better classified section and have been hanging about a bit, buying and selling and posting up or even sometimes, on the odd occasion, asking for your advice on something.
    Anyways, seems to be the done thing on here so thought I’d introduce myself properly..
    Let’s see, how to make this not sound like a personals ad, guess I’ll just chuck some facts out there..
    Married with a wee young boy, I only own one bike, my max was three but sold the other 2 to raise funds for the Yeti which I love, mid thirties, not as gnar as I used to be, tbh was getting fed up getting to know the local a/e staff but have now ended up working with them, ride in and around Glasgow, Kilpatricks, Stanes, and anywhere else i can manage. Love my bike and the places it can take me but due to shifts and the wee fella I’m finding it very difficult to get any decent saddle time- not even commuting!
    I’ve never tried one, but am slightly 29r curious (must be something in it if everyone’s banging on about them),same goes for ss. I’m not really a niche enough kinda person to worry about being niche. I haven’t cut my grass for the last few months or ever considered lining up my logos with my valves so its prob a good job I cant figure out how to post pics up here.
    I understand that it’s the law of the playground round here as it is with most things in life, here for a good time and hopefully a long time. Looking to share and receive knowledge and info, possibly even having a laugh in the process. I come equipped with a healthy pinch of salt tho and look forward to discovering for myself who I should listen to and who I should just put down in a hail of sarcastic wit. Hopefully. Some names on here do sound familiar from waaaay back on BM tho I’ve noticed..
    My motto is go hard or go home but it’s a kinda ironic motto these days as I dont really go that hard any more and am usually the first one in the group that wants to go home, unless I’m on a night out. I did attend uni and feel I’m educated to a reasonable standard but feel free to pull me up on any spelling or grammatical errors in this post. I believe that’s the done thing here, especially with noobs, which I gave to say, I don’t really consider myself to be.
    Anyways, that’s about it. Thought I’d get it over and done with and now I have.
    Good night, and take care out there.. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences

What’s your opinion on the sexiness of cephalopods?

Rochey
    Free Member

Welcome.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Welcome.

I’ve got a keyboard going spare with the return key working – you can have it to help with paragraphs etc!

😉

racefaceec90

hello and welcome.sounds like you live in a fantastic area to ride 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Some advice: Ignore the second poster in general. He has ****-all useful to contribute.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As for the 6th poster, well…..

Apart from an unhealthy obsession with 6th form netball teams, there’s nothing!

😉

althepal

Flash, fair enough, just chucking stuff out there.. Have seen a few refs to octopi on here but unsure.. Anything to do with lolcats?

CSW, better?

Raceface, there are worse places to live, Edinburgh prob springs to mind..
    Would put a lol at the end of that to make it seem funny but I lived there for 4 years and as nice as it was I prefer home..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flash, fair enough, just chucking stuff out there.. Have seen a few refs to octopi on here but unsure.. Anything to do with lolcats?

😉

Nah, it’s so much more than that….! 🙂

Welcome to the lunacy!

althepal

God you folks are quick.. I can’t keep up with my wee iPhone keypad!
    Och, I listen to a lot of folk but doesn’t mean I pay attention.
    Quite happy all I was pulled up on was my rambling type delivery and lack of any real paragraphs!

Kevevs
    Free Member

i’m not reading all that! (ticks boxes)

althepal

Kevevs, fair enough. I’m aware that I can go on a bit.

Cougar

Quite happy all I was pulled up on was my rambling type delivery and lack of any real paragraphs!

I was about to fight your corner till I found out you had a different phone to me. Heretic.

Welcome aboard dude.

althepal

Was going to use the term smartphone but thought I’d just come out and be honest with you all!

Kevevs
    Free Member

and don’t take me (or this) seriously!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

CSW, better?

#Edit Yes.

I just realised that’s about the keyboard / paragraphs- not my injuries! (lol).

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s like IM on here sometimes. Hi.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You sold three children to buy a yeti? Have you met our yeti? he is from the south apparently

Have I got the wrong end of something here?

althepal

Not sure I could be the northern yeti to be honest! For a start I’m in Scotland which iirc isn’t actually “northern” to some folks on here!
    Er, yes though, now you mention it I guess I did sell 3 bikes to buy one. Sold my old road hack, my hardtail that I *cough* built up for the wife, and the enduro sworks frame. Bits from that went onto the Yeti..
    Nice to engage with you a bit TJ. Long may it continue!

rOcKeTdOg

Alright chap *waves from the NW Alps*

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m not reading all that either.

D’you believe in god? Have you got any HiFi? :mrgreen:

It’s mandatory to agree with TJ, BTW…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hello and good evening.’ is closed to new replies.