Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Hello
  • xcwomble
    Free Member

Don- Heres two links that you may find interesting
    Solagraphy, Tarjda actually sent me some pinhole cameras for her project so I gave them to a friend who lives in the Faroes Islands who also placed some in Greenland. I dont know if they worked but the site gives you idea of what Im trying to acheive. Hopefully I can build a weatherproof version and get a 8 month photo of the sky.
    Pinhole website

Heres a type of example of what Im trying with the leaves, Im starting small and the process they do is different, but the principle is the same. I got a few books out a few years ago and became facinated with different print mediums that dont involve film
    using leaves as film
    That website is pretty good at going through alternative processes, best of all when it works, people always remember your print ! and are amazed. Im trying to take a get a photo for my friends 5 year old son and see the look on his face when he realises his face in actually on a leaf !, If the next lot are successful I will post a pic up (although bear in mind its all just an experiment at the mo !)

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll have a proper look tomorrow.

jon1973
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Im trying pinhole photography mostly, with exposure paper to make solargraphs and probably more unusual trying to work get leaves to act as film negative with images

Now THAT is how to be niche and win a thread! Eat your heart out belt drive full sussers!

Oh and I had a chuckle at emsz’s endearingly innocent summary of the forum, she is a sweetheart 🙂

tommid
    Free Member

Tommid- I went to …..Netherhall plus its 6th form and lived in Cherry Hinton when i grew up, if you guys go riding can I tag along ? (Im only just starting riding again so Im not that great! but more than willing)

You are more than welcome to join us at Thetford any time. We are fairly slow and more about enjoying it than racing around it.

I went to Netherhall sixth form too. 1995-1997.

xcwomble
    Free Member

I think I was a few years ahead of you as I went to Netherhall 6th form 1989-91 …although thinking about it you may know my brother. Ive emailed you my phone num so you guys do go for a ride that would be great even if I am now missing a front mech, mountain bike abilty and any form physical fitness.

Im starting my new placement this week so Im bit stuck for time depending on how nice they are to me, but will find a way to go riding

scaredypants

photo for my friends 5 year old son and see the look on his face when he realises his face in actually on a leaf

like Jesus does with toast and stuff !

xcwomble
    Free Member

thats the general idea !

I did have the idea of actually doing it on a tree with the leaf still attached .So we could go into the garden and ‘discover’ his favourite Barney the dinosaur in the tree with the leaf still growing , imagine his face then !

Im trying to work that one out though (I think its possible but needs a bit of Heath Robinson ingenuity !)

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

…are you on the idave diet as well then?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Hello’ is closed to new replies.