Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Hello
  • xcwomble
    Free Member

Just thought Id say hi since Ive just joined up, started riding again after a year out after a road bike accident.
    If anyone is in the Cambs/Thetford and fancies riding that would be great, its been so long since I rode I actually forgot all the Brandon routes ! (even forgot the marked ones at Thetford! mind you they seem to have chopped anything standing down !)

Orinoco

emsz
    Free Member

*waves*

tell us something interesting about yourself. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Octopus?

emsz
    Free Member

Do you?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

With alarming regularity.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If anyone is in the Cambs/Thetford….

So you don’t ride anywhere near Wimbledon Common then.

I bet your name isn’t even Orinoco 🙁

xcwomble
    Free Member

Hi
    Okay in brief
    Im a student nurse (and before you say it…Im male : ) )
    I like to xc riding
    Love photography
    Lived in NZ for a while
    Both my parents are Mauritian, I was born in Cambridge, hence the skin colour , forest curly hair and english accent which confuses people (strange but true).
    Im starting to realise that after the last year, Im really appreciating the life I have rather than the life I wanted ; )

heres a photo of mine from Iceland (hope this works!)Jokulsarlon Iceland

emsz
    Free Member

They’re going to be playing Glastonbury, Ernie.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….english accent which confuses people (strange but true).

God I hate that, when people with skin colour and curly hair speak with an English accent – it always confuses me……I often look around trying to figure out who said it.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I love the way the person with the name “lynch” makes a mock xenophobic remark. 😆

Welcome xcwomble, I’m down in Brighton. What bike you got?

xcwomble
    Free Member

At the moment I have a Trek 6500slr frame built up with the parts from 3 of my previous bikes, with (shock horror) v brakes (Avids) , rigid fork and some nicely built handbuilt mavics from Merlincycles which ride briliantly. The only downer is that my XT chainset was damaged after clouting a tree stump with my pedal meaning I had to replace it with a Deore one the local bike shop sold me cheap (meant I could keep riding!).

Granted its NOT the latest bike but I ride Dusk till Dawn type stuff as a solo and its always worked, always fixable, cheap (when I break part or wear them out I can replace them) and I can spend what little money I have on riding…and I have a thing about trying to recycle bike parts, if possible !. Oh and its fast as lightning …or so I seem to think. It also gets used for touring with a few minor changes

Maybe in 8 months when I qualify and get my first job I will get a Cotic Ti…or maybe not : )

What kind of riding does Brighton have ?

Ernie, sorry if I offended you, maybe I should have reworded that post, no offence intended

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Welcome.

I cant believe that anyone with either the oldest, shittiest, steel, SS, rigid ,on-one or the latest carbon, Horst bar, whotsit, with rp23 doofers could have the balls to come on here and say hello!

So — Hello. Again welcome.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Of course you haven’t “offended” me ……….why do you think I might have been offended ?

Although I can’t deny that I feel disappointed……… xcwomble signs Orinoco, but he doesn’t live anywhere near Wimbledon Common.

You’re not even a womble are you ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hello!
    I’ve just got to let you know
    Because I wonder where you are
    And I wonder what you do
    Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
    Or is someone loving you?
    Tell me how to win your heart
    For I haven’t got a clue
    But let me start by saying I love you
    Hello!

atlaz
    Free Member

TJ – need to read the OPs posts a bit, he’s already answered a load of Lionel’s questions

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Free Energy Smart meter? I ordered mine over a year ago, still haven’t got it. Bloody useless. 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I worked with someone from Mauritius last year.

racefaceec90

hello and welcome 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Hello from the sunny Ireland! Beware of helmet, tyre, steel vs. ali, 26 vs. 29er and car-related posts. Otherwise, enjoy! You’ve just entered the end of your riding (you’ll live here instead – cheaper!) 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN! RUN AND RUN FAST.
    You seem like a nice enough guy, keep it that way. ernie used to be shy and retiring… Look at him now! Elfin the same. TJ wouldn’t say Boo to a goose…. It’s all gone mad!!! Welcome. 😀
    Photography you say, so are you a Nikon or Canon man? And more importantly, why?

molgrips
    Free Member

Photography you say, so are you a Nikon or Canon man?

Or some kind of weirdo?

tommid
    Free Member

Hello Womble,

Fellow Cambs and Thetford rider here.
    Where did you go to school in Cambridge, give us an idea of just how posh that English accent is??

A small group of us head to Thetford most weekends if you ever want to tag along.

Tom

donsimon
    Free Member

Photography you say, so are you a Nikon or Canon man?

Or some kind of weirdo?
    Nah! I just want to see if he’s serious or just playing. 😈

molgrips
    Free Member

Let your pictures do the talking Simon 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

welcome! to the nut house 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

Let your pictures do the talking Simon

They do my friend. 😉 The published ones or the ones which are bought?

molgrips
    Free Member

The ones other than the ones you posted on here 😉 Anyway I thought pros were above such gear-related tribalism 🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sounds like a solid, practical bike.

In Brighton we’ve got the South Downs; long undulating hills with pretty views and some fun wooded singletrack which is what I’m mainly on. Oh and a little DH, but I ride the more AM stuff.

I’m on a 09 Meta, which is ideal for me and my local terrain. By the way, the classifieds are great here! In the bike/chat forums hairs get split to the nth degree, but people are pretty reasonable/trustworthy once there’s gear involved.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I love Mauritius and Mauritians. Lovely place, truly lovely.

Lots of octopi out there as well.

donsimon
    Free Member

Anyway I thought pros were above such gear-related tribalism

Not at all sure what you’re trying to say there Molly. 😕

xcwomble
    Free Member

hi everyone,

TJ- that made me laugh……..even if it was a bit creepy

DonSimon- camera ? its actually neither at the mo (my last camera died after I was xc sking on a lake in Sweden and I fell on it on the ice ) Im trying pinhole photography mostly, with exposure paper to make solargraphs and probably more unusual trying to work get leaves to act as film negative with images. In the past Ive had both makes, both equally as good (to me), although Im no expert more a beginner and experimenting at it.
    (I could have fibbed and said Hasselblad or Phase One that always bombs camera arguments over Nikon/Canon ; ), just kidding lol ).

Tommid- I went to …..Netherhall plus its 6th form and lived in Cherry Hinton when i grew up, if you guys go riding can I tag along ? (Im only just starting riding again so Im not that great! but more than willing)

Herman – Brighton looks intriguing have had some friends tell some nice things about the riding there and they love the place

Captain Flash- Octopus, to Mauritians is almost their staple dish. Still remember going home as a kid to find an eight legged friend sitting on the draining board being prepared for dinner, normal for me but the look on my friends faces when they came round was brilliant !

PS – if i was to do a post about meeting for a ride does that go in the ‘bike’ or ‘chat’ forum ?

trailmonkey

that’s for the weirdos on the bike forum.

this is the place for argument, condescension, pig headedness and cliquey mockneys.

oh, btw, avoid talk of helmets, scottish devolution, username derivation and religion – it never did anyone any good.

xcwomble
    Free Member

lol….thanks for the tip, I understand all the above but helmets ??????!??

emsz
    Free Member

Womble the octopus thing is some sort of long standing joke, I don’t get it either, there’s quite a few on here:

Weeing in shoes

Kicking her back doors in

Owning with Bombers

I only know what the second ones is 😳 Unless the first one is actually about weeing in some-ones shoes!!

Molly is a soap opera, Ernie is clever and all about politics (same as Stoner) TJ is always right (think of him like your dad! LOL) Flashy is Posh, oh and Elfinsafty is just mad (properly I think sometimes). There’s Jamie (wind ups) Yeti (pervert) and Deadly (JLS fan) and quite a few lovely girlies.
    :mrgreen:

Don’t take anything too seriously!!

The helmets thing is all about whether you should always wear a helmet when riding, gets waaaay out of hand every time. Best of ignoring those threads

trailmonkey

stick around, all will be revealed.

atlaz
    Free Member

TJ is always right

emsz – You sure you’ve been on the same forum as the rest of us?

emsz
    Free Member

Altazz, you know there’d be less arguments on here, if every-one took my advice.

You know when your Dad lectures you “You drink too much, Stay up too late” all that? and you just roll your eyes and say “Yes dad” and peck him on the cheek.?

If we treated TJ the same way there’d be less stress on here. He’d be happy, every-one else could just get on with more important stuff !

donsimon
    Free Member

I had a quick look on here and it got me thinking about pinhole stuff http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/13141337.
    Leaves? Could you post something? Have you got one of these? Single speed might be a bit too advanced for you. 😆

Canon/Nikon wasn’t necessarily for your benefit either. 😉

Ernie is clever and all about politics (same as Stoner)

Are there two ernies?

rOcKeTdOg

*waves*

cambridge you say?, my friend James lives there, do you know him?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

oh and Elfinsafty is just mad (properly I think sometimes).

🙂

Wibble.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Hello’ is closed to new replies.