Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Helinox camping chairs
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of them? I can’t decide between the one and the ground. The ground looks like it has a better ground contact area, and less likely to sink into soggy ground, but the one seems to have a better sat height.

Just for general car camping, so could argue these are over specced, but I like things to be small and light when packed away in the camping box.

Are there any alternatives?

ebygomm
    Free Member

We have a couple of alite chairs which are similar. Will have to look up the model

Edit: Alite mantis are the ones we gave.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve had a Chair One for six months or so, but I’ve not tried a Ground, so all I can tell you really is that the Chair One’s really nicely put together, goes up super easily and is stable and comfortable. I don’t really find I use it much on muddy ground, but I guess if that’s a consideration for you, the Ground might make sense due to the increased base contact. There’s a YouTube video of someone comparing the two if you’ve not seen it:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOo6dEOgEnk[/video]

Looks quite a lot lower. Anyway, really nice kit where space counts. Great in an overloaded car or camper van etc.

ps: avoid the Therm-a-Rest Trelo thing, it’s really unstable, reach for a glass on the ground next to you and next thing you know you’re lying next to it 🙁

timber

Got Alites in one of the local outdoor shops, look well impressive and suitable for someone like me that tends to rock back in a chair.

Quite pricey, particularly as current camping chairs are far from knackered.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Nice one cheers all.

velomechanic
    Free Member

I’ve a Chair One. Light, compact, robust, quick/easy to put up and reasonable seat height. Only failing are the feet which tend to sink into anything other than hard/compacted soil. I use some Kampa Bigfoot load spreaders to stop this. Only problem with these is that base and top are just clipped together and tend to separate under loaded, so best araldited together before use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Helinox camping chairs’ is closed to new replies.