• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by sv.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Heli taping??
  • andylc
    Free Member

Never bothered with this before but I’m about to buy a Norco Sight Carbon for more money to than I’ve ever shelled out before, is this worth doing before it gets christened, and if so where / whats the best stuff to use??
    Cheers!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The best I’ve used for simply peeling off & fitting perfectly is Invisiframe.

However the tape is quite thin, and does get damaged in my experience. You also get a lot of bits you don’t really need IMO.

I bought some strips of satin stuff off ebay last week for another bike which is thicker than the Invisiframe stuff, it’s bit more of a pain to fit but it looks a bit tougher

chakaping
    Free Member

Might as well get the invisiframe kit for such a fancy bike IMO.

But whatever you do make sure you tape any points of contact between cables and frame!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Another nod for Invisiframe.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I think it’s worth doing, but do it before you ride the bike!!

matther01
    Free Member

Defo do it before first ride and double check for ALL contact points!! Ruined the paint job on a bike on the first ride because I was to lazy and eager to ride it! I even helitape the inside chain stay where the brake disc is to help stop any digs when installing and removing the rear wheel.

I just use thick helitape. Looks naff…but costs nowhere near invisiframe and its more robust…until you whack a massive boulder and dent your seatstay!

matther01
    Free Member

Which sight are you getting? I really like the look if both the 7.1 & 7.2

andylc
    Free Member

Getting the 7.1. Best looking bike I’ve seen for ages and the cost whilst ridiculous is pretty amazing for the spec with the discount from Evans cycles (and interest free credit!). One of the few complete bikes apart from Canyons where they don’t seem to have scrimped on any of the kit at all. The wheels maybe aren’t absolute top draw but still very good.
    Invisiframe looks a great idea…except they don’t list that bike. Have to think of a similar frame and get one for that I think.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think Invisiframe will do you a bespoke kit and keep the pattern for future customers.

Drop him a line, helpful guy.

andylc
    Free Member

Thanks – yes I’ve emailed him, waiting to hear back

sv

Invisiframe will do a kit if you can get the bike to him.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Heli taping??’ is closed to new replies.