Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • heli tape that actually sticks?
  • weeksy

Where on earth can I get decent tape please?

takisawa2

Someone on here pops up with 3M tape for sale occasionally.
    That seems ok.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I bought tape from someone on here. Worst thing I’ve ever bought, cables wore through it straight away. Bike tart bike tape is the best I’ve tried, brilliant stuff.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iBaa
    Free Member

I have tried Heli tape without success, I had my bike covered with the invisiframe tape in the summer. Very happy with the fit and finish.

http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t get Bikearmour tape from Star Cycles on eBay

Stuff doesn’t stick and the seller consistently avoids requests for a refund.

bruneep

I have tried Heli tape without success, I had my bike covered with the invisiframe tape in the summer. Very happy with the fit and finish.

http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/

Read as far as

There is nothing quite like getting your new steed!

🙄

Then I gave up.

ChrisI

InvisiFrame is very good, but time consuming to apply properly and I have a feeling it will wear quite quick in high contact areas around the stem etc, but as a full frame cover its great to stop the frame getting scratched/marred. 3M helitape is the best for high contact areas. Never had a problem with it, all tapes will lift if you catch the edges. Be sure to degrease the frame first, then clean it with IPA, apply tape with heat and leave it 24hrs to adhere properly.

solarider
    Free Member

Bike Tart from ebay. Very good stuff. Tough and it sticks.

marko75
    Free Member

I use carpet tape! thick black carpet tape. As my bike is black it doesnt matter. Its cheap and doesnt wear through – bargain!

UseItorLoseIt

vikingtapes.co.uk – it’s 3m tape and decent prices

matther01
    Free Member

3m seems to work for me. Quick blast of the hairdryer on the hottest setting help it adhere I find.

gb1m
    Free Member
    turbo1397
    Free Member

Another one for viking tapes 3m stuff.. I think the stuff I bought was 75mmx3m and was very thick.. really good quality. It was £20

Northwind

3M but there are some things it won’t stick to- got an anodised frame?

shredder
    Free Member

Ref the above any recommendations for stuff that will stick to anodized frames ?

johnnystorm

The stuff from convertape on eBay works well. Thick enough to last but not so thick it doesn’t conform. Using a hair dryer and some degreaser like IPA and cutting the corners to curves all helps it to stick better. Alternatively I found done electrical tape the same colour as my Fargo and that’s 99p for miles of the stuff. 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

Was about to buy a roll but the postage to Scotland stopped me from getting the card out.

Sub Total: £14.95
    Shipping: (Standard 2 Day Delivery from despatch of goods requires signature. Free on all orders over £150.00. )
    £6.30
    VAT: £4.25
    Total: £25.50

weeksy

Same postage to UK

It stopped me pressing the button earlier too

rickon
    Free Member

http://www.Biketart.com

Same as Bike tape on eBay. I must have cover 20 odd bikes with their tape, sticks incredibly well, comes off without leaving a trace, cheap, stretchy, loads of different sizes.

Get some IPA too, wipe over the surface with that first, or nothing will stick to the frame. Clean your hands well too.

You want it to stay on forever, not come off. So it’s key to clean everything first.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

previous thread

never used this but –

tape

martinxyz
    Free Member

Biket@art invisitape 100mm x 1000mm £14. That’s even more expensive before the postage.

rickon
    Free Member

Yes… But delivery is free, and it includes VAT, so its actually loads cheaper.

And the tape works.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Thanks for pointing that out,Rickon. Plus they send it to the likes of Singapore for the same cost as the other place sends the same item to us here in the U.K!

bedmaker

Stick th roll of tape in the oven for while at fifty degrees or so, clean the frame with ipa and warm it with a hair dryer while putting tape on. I’ve put various brands of tape round some tight compound bends doing it this way and it stays on no problem.

martinxyz
    Free Member

What’s a hair dryer? :OD

weeksy

Well, I had some tape..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261184046976?var=560187626917&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I bought primarily because of the feedback and the matt colour… However it was absolutely rubbish.

Spoke to the seller and he sent me a load of http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261184046976?var=560187626917&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Which despite being gloss finish is MILES better as a form of sticky tape… really impressed with it

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘heli tape that actually sticks?’ is closed to new replies.