Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Heli tape
  • molgrips
    Free Member

For protecting frames how good is it? Is there a ‘proper’ brand name to look for that’s better?

Is it tough enough to protect a chainstay from chain slap and heel rub?

moneytrain81
    Free Member

It is worth it for sure. I’ve used basic heli tape off ebay and it works a treat. If you are going to go for a full on designed kit, try Invisiframe. They just offered to make me a kit if I take my bike to them, so probably going to take them up on it, as my Mondraker frame has wafer thin paint.

As for chain slap, it will protect the frame, but the noise will still exist.

andyl
    Free Member

I would stick with 3M in all honesty. Mainly for the quality of the pressure sensitive adhesive they use.

and yes, but it can be hard to stick to anodised and textured parts like cranks.

You can always double up with a smaller piece on top of a larger piece that you can replace sooner. I prefer to use a thicker rubber (inner tube, neoprene) for chainslap though to stop noise).

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not precious about frames but the paint on the Salsa is thick but quite soft.

Not worried about noise of chain slap, just seen a lot of nicks in the paint.

blairc70
    Free Member

+1 for the 3M stuff, thicker and easier to apply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Heli tape’ is closed to new replies.