Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • HEELLPP!! Any idea why I cant pair a Garmin 500 with my sl+ powertap hub?
  • paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

Hi All,

I am at my wits end with trying to pair my powertap hub with a garmin edge 500.
    I have changed the batteries, updated the firmware (£70 dongle thing), done all Garmin updates and still it wont read power…..
    When I spin the wheel it gives a speed and av speed readout but when I ride the bike still no power read out??

Any ideas would be greatfully received…. the hub itself is one of the older wireless carbon sl+ with the 12mm axle. Based on this to convert it to Ant + I had to purchase the firmware updater which successfully (or so the green light implies) installed the update….

I changed the freehub body to campag allthough this didnt involved anything internal.

as mentioned any advice would be much appreciated!!

kind regards

John

cnud
    Free Member

Does it show up on the Garmin as paired ? and can see the serial number and icon?
    Have you done the calibration?
    Is power enabled in the the bike settings profile?
    Sounds stupid but could be wifi interference.

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

Hi there, no it isnt paired at all…
    When I run a search the icons flash at the top but it never comes to anything just shuts itself off.
    It wont let you run a cal as it isnt connected. The powermeter present is switched to yes.

Good point about the wifi, will try again this evening with our router switched off!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HEELLPP!! Any idea why I cant pair a Garmin 500 with my sl+ powertap hub?’ is closed to new replies.