Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Heel spur injury; anybody got over it?
  • duckman

I have had it for months,tried to ignore it,but it was slowly getting worse. I haven’t done any running and am following physio/docs advice with regards to keeping weight of it etc….But despite this there has been no improvement at all in the 6 weeks or so. Anybody else had it, and when will it do one? I believe there are a few runners etc on here.

Keva
    Free Member

yup, I had one several years ago and it cleared up in a couple of months using a foot roller…

I used it everyday under the desk at work for as much as I could put up with. Used to make me wince sometimes if I really got the edge of the spur with it, like literally grinding the thing off. I think the cause is the onset of plantar fasciitis, the tightening of the plantar muscles in the sole of the foot, and you really don’t want that.

http://www.drfoot.co.uk/acatalog/Heel_Pain_Massager_Roll.html

duckman

I am using one of them in the evenings, and yes, it does feel like I have taken an angle grinder to it. Thanks for that, gives me a potentail time frame. Plantar fasciitis WAS mentioned and I didn’t much like the look of it,hence a move away from the “it’ll buff out” school of dealing with injury.

ibennion
    Free Member

Hi
    I,ve had this, progressed from flat foot to Plantar Fasciitis, then insertional achilles tendonitiis. Went to doctor who referred me to a podiatrist. Had some supporting insoles made. Now OK. Recommend you see your local GP and get referred.

duckman

Looks at thread above… 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Heel spur injury; anybody got over it?’ is closed to new replies.