Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Heel Pain recovery stories please
  • tom84
    Free Member

I have awful heel pain which has lasted at least a cople of months and put me off the bike and generally saddened my demeanor!

Its both achilles tendon and plantar faschia. Each time I get some improvement/rest it seems to then tear and go back to being sh*t next time I spend any serious time on my feet. I hear it can take a long time to get over.

I was doing exercises, and am resting/icing and heating as much as I can, I plan to start the exercises up again. Gentle riding doesn’t seem to hurt it.

I have this advice sheet which was highly recommended:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxjlnfaqd79voix/HO2-Feb-2004-with-exercise-sheet%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

Paul-j

Have you tried a coupe of soft tissue therapy treatments, ie sports massage?
    plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis can both be treated with brilliant results.
    You probably have a build up of scar tissue within the foot or tendons, that’s why when you go back to standing or exercising again it will likely tear again or become inflamed. When the tissue is repairing if its not repaired in a parallel fashion with the muscle ie the grain of the muscle it will for ever cause problems.
    give a couple of treatments a go along with ice, and the correct exercises, you should be able to get rid of it completely.

tom84
    Free Member

Whoa Paul! Thanks so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Heel Pain recovery stories please’ is closed to new replies.