Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Heckler rear disc mount issue
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m trying to fit my brakes on a 2012 Santa Cruz heckler but the bolts do not fit through the frame bolt holes. The washer (non removable stops them fitting through the frame.

Is this normal? Is there a simple way to remove the washers, without sawing,as I’m guessing they are part of the fit.

Thanks everyone

dantsw13

Buy some new bolts without washers? I hacksawed mine off last week building my Heckler – fairly straightforward with a vice.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

No vice mate. Yeah I will go get some new bolts tomorrow.

Oh well nearly finished as well.

acidchunks

I found this to be the case as well, fortunately the washers on the bolts hope supplied with the mount were removable.

dantsw13

Try holding the washer with a pair of molegrips, and twisting the bolt out?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I tried that mate it is smaller than the thread so doesn’t shift.

Oh well I’m off out to pick some bolts up now.

Slightly longer but I’m sure they will be fine.

dantsw13

If they are too long, you can always hacksaw them in a vice …… Oh, hang on, we’ve already been here!!

You don’t want them too long, or they will stick through the adapter and foul the rotor. This sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a vice!!

scruff
    Free Member

Normal, Shirley you have a big pot of old random bolts just for this porpoise ?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Apparently in my big pot of bolts I don’t have a single brake one without a washer that can be removed!

I can’t believe it either!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Well the shimano are m6x18.7 and the halfords are m6x20.0

Will this cause issues?

dantsw13

I doubt 1.3mm is critical. What is the clearance when you put the adapter in the right place, between it and the rotor?Just hope the heads are the same size to fit into those cups on the Heckler!!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve just got the bolts so I’m going to try now. To be honest the difference is minimal so I can’t see it fouling. Heads are smaller so fit just right.

What a ball ache for something so simple.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Fitted and doesn’t foul whoop

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Heckler rear disc mount issue’ is closed to new replies.