Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • hebden Wednesday nightriders- youve pissed someone off
  • Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Oh, so on Midgets Pit then 😯

This “trap” wasn’t anything like a nice wheel trap hole dug on the off-camber section below the step, was it? Maybe another 200yds above the final sharp left turn. That’s nearly had me before.

hora
    Free Member

Hes that fella who lives opposite isn’t he? I’ve heard of him.

milkman100
    Free Member

when you run out of politenes and patiance, all you can say is get out of the way or I will knock your head of

its happened to me near the shooting cabin in hayfield, guy walking straight up the path which he is entilted to do, but there were 6 other bikes coming down guy was adament he wouldnt step to the side, i was second in the line and saw him being agro with the first guy,

it wasnt my best moment, but god he made me so angry, I almost turned green and spilt my shirt

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You want to get Ton in on it. He’ll duff them up for you.

hora
    Free Member

Thats the last thing we want and the one thing this guy wants. **** giving him ammo.

dazzlingboy

pushing against me

I applaud your restraint. If someone was pushing against me the temptation to give them a punch in the nose would be hard to resist no matter if it’s right or wrong.

EDIT – just read your post above. You’re right of course but damn it would be hard to resist.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Even if he is the landowner, he can only ask you to leave by the most direct route… which would be ..erm exactly where you were going anyway 😆

pushing against me

Be sure to remind him that that’s assault.

hora
    Free Member

Thats what he wanted. FFS, he said he’d get the dogs onto me- alsorts. He was trying to bait me into physically reacting. He tried everything- shouting, pushing/blocking, waving his hands open/wide (a la Dudek the ex-Liverpool goalkeeper), I guess anything into me pushing him back or headbutting him. I had the strange feeling that if I had pushed him he’d have made a meal of it/gone down etc.

Heads-up.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

If it’s who you think it is you’d probably have gone straight through him anyway! 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This isn’t my neck of the woods but….

Thats the last thing we want and the one thing this guy wants. **** giving him ammo

100% correct. Well done for keeping calm.

My point is he was really pushing for a reaction- a physical reaction. I think he wants someone to lamp him so hes actually got something to act upon. It wouldn’t surprise me if hes already written to or been in contact with the council or Police chewing their ears off

What you need to do is go and report it, and make sure some record is kept. Becasue if he’s storing up ammo with the council or Plod, and someone DOES clobber him if they feel threatened, there’ll be some previous record of his behavior.

hora
    Free Member

PP – and they’d say ‘what the **** were you doing on there on a bike’?

Hang on, I was PUSHING my bike sir 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Safety in numbers 😉 make sure you ride in groups of at least 20 for safety’s sake 😈

nbt

Law doesn;t say you can’t ride bikes on a footpath, the law says that a footpath is a path where a legal right to access on foot has been shown to exist, *without prejudice as to higher rights*. Copper won’t care if you’re riding or pushing

binners

Hora. Its just you. You must provoke that kind of reaction. The only time I’ve ever seen anyone get proper handbags about riding on footpaths I was with you. Remember the nutter who tried to actually drag us off our bikes at Arnside. He was extremely lucky not to have got a proper shoe-ing!

I think its because people think Benny Hill died years ago, then they see you riding towards them and they get confused, then slightly scared, ultimately reacting violantly

Dave
    Free Member

Report it to Calderdale Rights of Way team. The fact you were riding shouldn’t be a problem.

z1ppy

I think its because people think Benny Hill died years ago, then they see you riding towards them and they get confused, then slightly scared, ultimately reacting violantly

post of the week?

nbt

I think its because people think Benny Hill died years ago, then they see you riding towards them and they get confused,

He’s got a point, though.

STW Peaks pootle 23 jan 2010 by Mrs NBT, on Flickr

Back on topic, I can’t see Hora actually contacting the calderdale ROW team or indeed doing anything other that post onSTW

closetroadie
    Free Member

Next time calmly ask for his name and his address. He probably won’t give it and if he asks why, say you are going to report this matter to the police with a complaint that he was using threatening behaviour and trying to obstruct you.

Blower
    Free Member

looking at the pic by Yorkshire Pudding its the same trail and sounds like the same guy who collared my mate on that trail,he did same sort of thing to my mate was very aggresive and pushy,i was infront and shot by the guy so i got away with it 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Blower in that case I will contact the ROW team. I’m quite a robust person, seen a fair bit however I can see that if I was shorter/slight it’d have been a scary experience.

I can only see this as a relevant page for contact? http://www.calderdale.gov.uk/transport/rights-of-way/forum.html

nbt
    hora
    Free Member

I saw that. Highways though? I assumed it’d get lost in the weight of road-issues. 😐

nbt

It’s all dealt with by the same people. Give them a call and if you don’t speak to the right person straight away they’ll put you in touch with the right one

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

While you’re at it Mark, tell them about all the obstructions that keep appearing on that trail. Logs and piles of rocks laid across it. Might add some weight to your report.

hora
    Free Member

Done. Mentioned the pit dug as well.

nbt

Nice one.

hora
    Free Member

As a side thought. If anyone comes across him and he obstructs get your phone out and bloody start dialling the local Police station. That should put the wind up him. Infact I’ll give them a tinkle as well with a heads up so its on record incase someone does lamp him.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers Mark,
    Good piece of +ve action taken there.
    Please let us know what the police say too.

hora
    Free Member

Swift response and she also recommended I report to the Police so they can keep a log.

backhander
    Free Member

nbt, why is that dude head to toe in flecktarn?
    Is he a re-enactor? 😀

nbt

That’s Benny Hill Hora

hora
    Free Member

Tighter than a Ducks butt.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Captions, please! by Mrs NBT, on Flickr

Pook

Bloody hell! Marks done something!

(good work old bean)

yfronts_brian
    Free Member

I am kinda hijacking the thread a bit but does anybody know of any trails around Triangle? I drive towards Sowerby Bridge a few times every month and it looks like there could be some fantastic trails to the right in the large forest area. Its before Norland. I am part of Manchester Mountain Bikers (Google us). We would love it if a few of you could be a guest ride leader and show us a few of your trails. We errr are known to ride the odd ‘Cheekie trail’ in the evening. I love riding the Dog Hill Descent….. <<<<awaits reaction>>>

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘hebden Wednesday nightriders- youve pissed someone off’ is closed to new replies.