Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hebden route advice
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi guys
    Need a bit of advice. Having a ride round Hebden this aft with a mate and planning on finishing on blue pig. Is there a good route back into town from round there or is it down main road only? Also, where in Heptonstall will I find the entrance to the bridleway that takes me to start of blue pig? Done it awhile ago but can’t remember
    Cheers

GregMay
    Free Member

Maps are your friends.

dienamic

The start is along Towngate, down the side of The Cross pub, forks right after about 200yds. As for back into town, road is the easiest, or you can fork off halfway along the midgehole road, carry down some steps, then follow the riverside path back along.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Start of blue pig is just near the pub, down northgate.

whitestone
    Free Member

To get on to The Blue Pig turn on to Northgate which is the first on the right when going up or last on the left going down. I think it’s just at the end of the cobbled section.

Looking at the map it looks like Midgehole Rd then a short bit of main road is the logical way back in to town.

marco
    Free Member

Excellent!!
    Cheers all

nickc

I’ll wave as you go past

nigew
    Free Member

When you reach Keighley Road at the end of Midgehole road cross the road and ride up Hurst Road and down the bridleway at the end, turn right before the bridge and head to Nutclough, bit cheeky just watch out for walkers!
    Then turn left at the road and you only have a few 100 metres of tarmac to HB

skydragon
    Free Member

If the ride is going well, I’d suggest finishing the Blue Pig, then cranking up the A6033 for half a mile (a bit of climb but worth it) then do the Pecket Well decent, before heading into town.

(presuming of course that you haven’t already ridden PW earlier)

Have fun and remember the top part of the route coming out of Heptonstall, is part of the blue Pig run!!

GregMay
    Free Member

Be aware there is also a fell race from Blackshaw Head at 2pm on Saturday. It’s taking in Ripper Dipper…just incase you were going to ride it:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hebden route advice’ is closed to new replies.