Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hebden Bridgers – Route help please :-)
  • woody2000

We're heading to your neck of the woods tonight. My "normal" route, would be up through the Crags, Gorple, Widdop, Hurstwood and back round to Colden Clough. That might be a bit much for a Monday night so I'm thinking of cutting it short by climbing up from Widdop on the PBW, then turning right at Clough Head stones (cheeky, sorry) and down to Lower Gorple to pick up the PBW again. Is the bit down from Clough Head rideable? Any other suggestions?

TIA

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Alright Jase. You mean left at the top of the Widdop climb?

I've never done it but I believe its a crackin little descent to Lower Gorple res.

My fave night ride around Hebden though is up Jack Bridge, along road to Egypt/Lower Gorple and then pick up the footpath (Pennine Way?) across Heptonstall Moor to Slack, down an awesome little BW descent and finish on either Beechnuts or climb up and down Midgets Pit (or Barely Legal). Let me know if you want more accurate directions!

woody2000

Ayup Davey – you a Dad yet? 🙂

I think we're talking about the same place – as you reach the top of the Widdop climb and the PBW continues in front of you, there's an obvious pile of rocks on your left. I want to go left there, back down to Gorple (oh, how they'll love me for dragging them up there!). If you want to send me details of the other route, I can add it to my list of rides, ta. If you fancy joining us tonight, you'd be more than welcome, we'll be in Mytholmroyd for about 7.10 at the latest. I have a new email address – jason(dot)wood252(at)o2(dot)co(dot)uk

Cheers mate

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Aye Jase – became a dad on Thursday tea time so unfortunately, I won't be able to make it out tonight!

Mailing you route details now…

Catch up soon!

woody2000

Great news mate, many congrats!! 🙂

Little Davey or Little Davina?

Welcome to Club No Sleep – you'll never leave! 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Little Davey – Noel to be correct!

Haha, fully paid up member of that club now. You should have a rather lenghty mail too. I'll try and scribble it on a map or something too.

justme
    Free Member

if its where i think it is its a cracking little decent we call it the goat track and this sums it up – it is poss to go over the bars if you dont stay alert g

taka
    Free Member

i think that decent your talking about is where we went on a group ride on here some time back theres some big deep ruts you have to watch out for 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridgers – Route help please :-)’ is closed to new replies.