Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Hebden Bridge/Anyone had a run in with a dark green Nissan Terrano?
  • hora
    Free Member

I had another encounter (this time he didn’t wait whilst I had right of way on my side of the road past a line of cars) with this ‘local’ (as he calls himself).

Anyone else experienced this vehicle/driver? He lives up the top of Hardcastle Crags and its a R reg plate.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get his number and report him to plod. Block his way and take photos

ton

fist pie……… 😀

hora
    Free Member

ton, the first time he gave me a real close miss. I waved my hand so he slammed on and (spun) reversed back up. Jumped out and started shouting about him being local and no bikes were allowed on that road only walkers (and his 4×4 of course) – yes apparently so – Climb up from Hardcastle Crags however using his vehicle to make his point?

Anyway, he was 6ft but in his 60’s. No way I’m smacking someone of his age.

He is going to cause problems at somepoint.

deviant
    Free Member

When i was young and reckless a mate got beaten up by a friend’s dad that he was having some banter with at a kebab van after a nights drinking…we were all pissed and a comment got taken the wrong way and the dad of the lad we knew gave my mate a decent hiding….uncalled for, he was about 40 and built like a brick wall and we were about 18 and scrawny teenagers….anyway, we went home got some petrol and set fire to his car.

Just saying like.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Another glimpse at the underclass of society.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Which road from Hardcastle Crags? The one up to above Lumb Falls? If so its a BW. If its the one through Hardcastle Crags he has a point. Doesnt make what he did right though. Not many places you can go up there so should be easy to ride up and get the number plate and report him.

Dave
    Free Member

You’ve reported it to Calderdale RoW I take it? …

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hora, FYI, just because there are parked cars doesnt mean anyone has right of way, despite what seem logically reasonable. I know I got 5 points for the priviledge of finding out. 👿
    Oh and i’ve had clowns drive close at me like that, they generally lose their wingmirrors.

hora
    Free Member

As you pass the parking on your right, literally just past the mill/mill pond (on your left). He obviously lives in the farms further up as he ranted about being ‘from around here’.

Would I smack him? No. He struck me as being on the edge of a heart attack.

I didn’t have a mobile on me. The secondtime (last week) was just past the Dye works. I was already passing the line of parked cars and he decided to force me liteally into the dry stone wall.

Hence I was pre-occupied but as I turned I noted a large towbar obscuring at least digits of his rear plate.

maccruiskeen

Anyway, he was 6ft but in his 60’s. No way I’m smacking someone of his age.

So should we elect one of our silver-haired forumites as your champion and strap some bombers to his guns? (and point his catheter shoe-wards)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Here? http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=397292&Y=429980&A=Y&Z=115

Tis a footpath so in that respect he’s correct. Fair enough, Hebden cheeky etc etc but its a very busy albeit doubletrack farm track thing. Not sure why he’d be driving up there TBH. Cow Hey Lane is generally the access to the farms on the tops…

But forcing you into a stone wall on a public road near the Dyeworks? Call the rozzers.

argoose
    Free Member

Stop dead in your tracks see how big his kahunas really are. Will he drive into stopped traffic. Just don’t move out of his way, and laugh at him 😮

hora
    Free Member

DWB that’s the location. He’s got a point if he didn’t use a 2ton vehicle. It was obvious he targeted me deliberately as he slammed on as soon as I raised my hand.

It can’t be a vindetta as I was in different clothes and a different bike 8)

maccruiskeen

I was in different clothes and a different bike

hora
    Free Member

😮 the first two ARE Hebden locals 😆

binners

They really really don’t seem to like you round there! Have you had your Yorkshire citizenship revoked for being in Manchester too long? You’ll have to start getting visa’s in advance like the rest of us!

hora
    Free Member

Funnily two middle aged women (no not us binners) also reclaimed seats outside a cafe there once and one remarked that she was sick of outsiders coming in.

FFS get a grip!

steel4real
    Free Member

Like Binners says – you only come over occasionally and seem to have bother, sure it’s nowt to do with yourself ???

Anyroad – if you had come out with us on NY day instead of wimping out/thinking drinking is more fun than riding, then you would have had fun and no close encounters either !

hora
    Free Member

I must admit I’ve only ever had issues around Hebden. The next time I’ll reply ‘do you want barring from Manchester for not being local’?

nick1962
    Free Member

For fear of sounding all Northwind-like why not approach the guy and try and find out what his problem is with bikes? Surely a friendly “building bridges ” type approach is worth a try. If he doesn’t play ball then maybe report to the relevant authorities …whether they would be interested or not is another story. It may only antagonise him further leaving another biker to face his irrational and potentially lethal wrath….

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmmm we use hardcastle craggs often.. but (touch wood) not come across anything like this… and i can honestly say ‘yup im local’ ! maybe he can spot ‘unlocals hundreds of miles away… 😉 :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Nick it looks like someone has already done that though.

Same with my previous nutter encounter who ranted about riders http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hebden-wednesday-nightriders-youve-pissed-someone-off

glenh
    Free Member

hora – Member
    As you pass the parking on your right, literally just past the mill/mill pond (on your left).

Tis a footpath. No excuse for attacking someone with a vehicle of course, but you shouldn’t be riding there. Although if there are access agreements for vehicles, it’s hard to see what the rational for being upset by bikes is.

bigyinn
    Free Member

It always makes me laugh when people in cars have a go at bikers riding on footpaths, the same bit of path that they’re currently driving their car on.
    Yet they fail to see the irony or how this might undermine their point a tad.

njee20
    Free Member

Will he drive into stopped traffic. Just don’t move out of his way, and laugh at him Because if he does, you’ll look **** stupid, or dead

FTFY.

Sounds like a charming place, arson and violent locals, where do I sign up.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve no doubt I’ll see him again. The second ‘meeting’ he wasn’t slowing down, I’d just past the row of terraces (past the ‘for holiday let’ one) when he approached slowly then booted it.

Its hard to argue with a vehicle isn’t it?

I really don’t want this to end in tragedy. i.e. someone is seriously injured and he receives a mediocre punishment as no one knows any background or ‘previous’ leading upto..

When he’d jumped out of his vehicle he was wildly waving his arms and literally in my face. He was shaking and looked on the edge (not violence). He also stabbed his watch repeatedly and said ‘I dont have time for this’. I remember thinking ‘I bet when he was younger he was a big lad but a big known character’ – as he seemed act as though he was used to getting his own way.

The only other time that I’ve been actually concerned about a persons behaviour was when a commuters wife jumped out of her hubby’s car and told me that I’d never see death coming and she’d ensure that maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after she’d run me over from behind 😮

Her husband (builder type) had originally tried jumping out but I’d shut his door and said calm down- she’d snapped at that. He sat there shaking his head, looked at me and down (as though she’d ground him down over the years) 😆 I never commuted again after that!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge/Anyone had a run in with a dark green Nissan Terrano?’ is closed to new replies.