Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • maccruiskeen

We had great fun meeting you, showing off our trousers, playing records and drinking free beer.

A Hoes Down.

sturmeyarcher

It’s good to know the measurements are as per the guide. I’ve never had a pair of 38″ trousers before, been in 36″ for years. Strange how all the 36″-labelled trousers measure up as 38″. Fellow trouser wearers, we’ve been duped.

maccruiskeen

Fellow trouser wearers, we’ve been duped.

Theres an aspect of ‘vanity sizing’ in the industry, but also, unless you’re Simon Cowel the waist band of your trousers doesn’t actually go round your waist. So on most garments its really an ‘effective’ waist size in the same way as a bike frame would have an ‘effective’ top tube.

tallmart10

Just to add my two-penneth,I am 6’4″ with a 33″ waist and sorry Cougar, but I do have a 36″ inside leg. Well 35 1/2″ really but its near enough. And I am no Magic Johnson with a basketball more’s the pity.
    My problem being the wonderfully weird shape my parents made me is that very few trousers I try on actually fit. Nothing in Next has a long enough leg, nor M & S and most of the other high street shops. Now I love the idea of selling them unhemmed, I think all of us know someone who can do hem them to the right length or we could have a hack at it ourselves (it can’t be harder than setting up a front derailleur properly, can it?) but while I’d love a pair of good moleskins, the price is just a bit on the high side for me.

I do hope your venture turns out well though, Ed and Brant, we need more innovation of this type.

maccruiskeen

very few trousers I try on actually fit

As a lanky top tip – Snickers (the workwear people not the chocolate bar) make most of their their stuff in 5 leg lengths, the longest being 37″. A lot of their stuff is properly workwear in terms of holster pockets and knee pads etc. But they make a ‘Service Chino’ which is plainer / casualler (all be it in quite a robust workwear fabric) and is part of that sizing system (their jeans aren’t) – anything of theirs with the size code ‘248’ is 33″ waist, 37″ leg (and a 148 is 33″/35″) and they’re about £30

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve decided to get a pair of nice tight shorts made from the off-cuts once mine have been shortened. 🙂

theotherjonv

Many thanks Ed and Brant.

Are you the chap that requested number 14?

I am – can I also have ‘troublemaker’ sewn in to the turn ups 😳

drlex
    Free Member

<awaiting “great strides in production” update>

Stoner
    Free Member

Trousers. The debagging.

Hebtroco Founder No.6

The bastards stuffed a load of Yorkshire tea bags in the pockets. Urrghhhh. I think there’s a stray northerner somewhere round these parts I can pass them on to.

Mighty, mighty fine moleskin. I reckon these are chainsaw safe.

Enough drop in the gusset that my ballbag doesnt rub. A key concern.

I see what they mean by “slim fit” now. It doesn’t mean: “crowbar me in, cut me out”, it means there’s not acres of spare cloth flapping about everywhere. Yet I can squat or touch* my toes and blood supply remains unaffected.

*I’ve never been able to touch my toes, but I can make a fist of it with grunting noises

I think there’s an anti-change-falling-down-by-the-handbrake-flap in the left hand pocket. Sinisterly* there isn’t one in the right hand pocket.

*bdum tish

I’m going to like these I think.

Full hipster points for the cover letter as well 🙂
    courier/typewriter/typos/etc

GregMay
    Free Member

Got mine from the pub last weekend. Comfort was soon following.

I am the coveted #69

Stoner
    Free Member

I am the coveted #69

skillz

boltonjon

Bloody tight though!!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Bloody tight though!!!!

this post is useless without a gusset photo.

MrSmith
    Free Member

you could add to your wardrobe with some selvage denim or a flasher mac from here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/267973823/community-clothing-make-clothes-create-jobs-restor?ref=project_tweet

slowoldman

Apparently an “unable to deliver” note was left at home today. Getting excited.

bearnecessities

Best calm down first, or you’ll never get them on.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hebtroco Founder No.6

Who is number 1?

nickc

Thanks for the link MrSmith, will look at that more closely later
    😀

wwaswas

Who is number 1?

*waves*

nbt

I am not a number, I am a HebTroCo trouserless man!

brant
    Free Member

Thanks for the post Stoner. Me and Oxley were in Oldgate after, and before hand delivering some around town.
    We are about 75% through shipment right now.

Great to see them out there with the awesome founders who helped us start this thing up again.

Harry_the_Spider

Mine are at the post office AND I CAN’T GET THERE UNTIL FRIDAY!

Weirdly I really want to know what number I am.

brant
    Free Member

Weirdly I really want to know what number I am.

Harry_the_Spider

My mother’s favourite number!*

*a lie.

nickc

WOW. OK, founder so invested in them being good, but lordy you need these trousers in your life! as Stoner says hey’re just right around your legs, and are properly sized so take care on the sizing when you order. great weight, great cut, and it’s true, random girls will stroke your legs

😳

botk
    Free Member

must not buy more clothes

off to find my tape measure….

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Is there going to be a second wave, after I missed the first?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mine are having to journey to Hong Kong. I fear the excitement will have died down by the time they arrive, and no-one will want to see my gusset.

🙁

Harry_the_Spider

You can buy them online now.

Home

brant
    Free Member

Mine are having to journey to Hong Kong. I fear the excitement will have died down by the time they arrive, and no-one will want to see my gusset.

I think they left yesterday. Thanks for your support.

(Oh. Support. That wasn’t a gusset joke)

brant
    Free Member

partyboy1101 – Member
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

As HTS says, we have a stock model that is nearing shipping. It’s exactly the same trouser, but without the huge logistical headache of sequential numbering. It’s called The 177.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Great to see the trousers starting to arrive. Thanks for sharing guys

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Hurry up postie……

Rubber_Buccaneer

wwaswas – Member

Who is number 1?

*waves*[/quote]

I was actually hoping the new No.2 would declare themselves but at least

nbt – Member
    I am not a number, I am a HebTroCo trouserless man!

satisfied my Prisoner requirements, thanks nbt

nbt

i got the reference, even if no-one else did

GregMay
    Free Member

I currently have overly soft legs. This is most pleasing.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s a miracle I can stop stroking myself long enough to make it to work. Hebtroos stepping out in London town today.

somafunk

#74 have arrived and mightly impressed with them – the fit is absolutely spot on, as others have mentioned they are incredibly soft and pleasing to the touch – i dunno if this will prove to be a good thing or not – time will tell 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Got mine on now. They are very fabulous. Think I’m going to have to get a pair of 177s in the other colour.

Fit is very much like my 501s but a little more tapered below the knee.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No. 81 has arrived at my house. Haven’t tried them on yet. Probably best to wait till all the local wimminz are asleep. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.