Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • wwaswas

Are the moles locally sourced?

They tessellate perfectly, wherever they’re from.

nickc

but Ed thinks I’m crackers.

TBF he’s probably not the only one, though 😀

ocrider

Hebden moles. Cut from a different cloth…

Any chances of having trousers with shallower pockets for the tight-fisted budget conscious?

chewkw
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Aye. We’ll fix pockets. The cotton pocket lining we’re using is, as far as I know, the highest grade that’s used in anything anywhere.

Good on you. See one more FAQ done!

I also have a dream of something with kevlar pocket linings and CNC’d buttons, but Ed thinks I’m crackers.

I am sure at one point there is a market for that kevlar pocket I kid you not.

So you’re in for £95 Chewkw then?

Not now I am afraid but will do in future when things become less trendy. Trendy is good for business but not for me.

Imagine this … I am a pipe smoker (legal stuff), no hairs on the head, wear a cap and waist coat and wearing mole skin trousers … the lefties will be up in arms if they see me … I might pull their birds!

Seriously the reason is that I have too many pairs of jeans (with external pocket design so even the pocket lining is made of jeans).

Brant, good to see you starting more businesses … 😛

funkrodent

I’m in for a pair. Good price for proper quality and service and have a soft spot for Hebden, be nice to give something back. May be a challenge as skinny jeans don’t tend to get on with my manly thighs. And even more manly belly. Will probably be a 40″ man (normally 38). So put me down for one of the founders pairs please!

Mackem

Will you be doing short leg ones?

nickc

Will you be doing short leg ones?

I think the point is that you can make them any length you want

grum
    Free Member

Ok forgive me if I’m being thick, but if they are tapered, will that not mean the size of the trouser leg opening will be different depending on how short you have them taken up?

nickc

I guess, how far are you intending to take them up?

😀

maccruiskeen

Any chances of having trousers with shallower pockets for the tight-fisted budget conscious?

You want deeper pockets, not shallower ones then. Ones your tight fists can’t reach to the bottom of 🙂

brant
    Free Member

They are tapered to the knee, then straight.
    They aren’t “straight leg”.
    They aren’t skinny.
    Geometry chart coming…
    You are looking at a Draft Kickstarter Project page that launches on Tuesday.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, yeah not much difference then. They look good in that pic.

I guess, how far are you intending to take them up?

You’ve not seen how stumpy my legs are have you. Generally 30″ leg jeans require turnups.

scotroutes

£95 and you’ve got to finish them off yourself? Is this like one of those weekly magazines where part 2 includes the thread and needle?

Mackem

Being done in standard sizes, so far as I can tell.

nick1962
    Free Member
    hammyuk
    Free Member

Mackem – Member
    Being done in standard sizes, so far as I can tell.

Not on the £95 “Founder” they aren’t.
    Want them in standard lengths? That’ll be £125 once they’ve sold the first lot and raised the money.
    All of a sudden it looks cheaper to get them turned up yourself…. 🙄

brant
    Free Member

Not on the £95 “Founder” they aren’t.
    Want them in standard lengths? That’ll be £125 once they’ve sold the first lot and raised the money.
    All of a sudden it looks cheaper to get them turned up yourself….

Sir. You are commenting on a draft Kickstarter project that was, for want of a better word, leaked.
    We haven’t said £125 ones will come to length. We haven’t said that our final decision is that £95 pledges will be unfinished.

I’m really greatfull for the feedback you’ve all given and the viewpoints raised. I note nobody has said “that’s great that they aren’t finishing them to a specific leg length. I can’t wait to try to find someone to turn them up”.

We will be offering finished leg lengths.

JPR
    Free Member

Will you be setting out a plan for your future designs? For £95 I’m in, but if you’re planning a lower rise, semi-hipster version on the future I’d hold out for that.

Will there be backing options as an alternative to the founder pairs?

terrahawk
    Free Member

You’re all ignoring those people out there with one leg longer than the other. These trousers are a real boon to those people.

brant
    Free Member

JPR. If we can’t sell these, nothing is happening.

theotherjonv

I’m happy with unfinished length if it makes it easier to manage – my wife’s friend will do it for fun, she’s always sewing something.

I’d prefer that rather than guessing at a length; my waist size is ‘flexible’ to some extent, I’m unlikely to get substantially taller or shorter, hence I’d rather guess at a waist and adjust slightly with a belt than guess at a leg length and end up looking like my cat just died.

JPR
    Free Member

Brant, sorry was assuming that was going to be easy.

The only problem I’d see with the long length is the chance I balls it up by getting that hemmed too short. I’d want a lot of handholding. Maybe a section on the site explaining how to measure correctly and the different styles that going long, short, or turnups create.

Regardless, I’ll be backing you when it goes live.

scotroutes

There’s obviously an opening here for a professional Trouser Fit service. I can forsee a whole industry opening up of outlets where you could get someone to take your measurements, make some adjustments for your gait, “dress”, planned usage and sitting posture and stick them all on some computer-generated diagram so you can have your trousers suitably adjusted. How much do you reckon folk would pay?

igm

Scotroutes – definitely in on that one – is no one doing it now?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Brant – I’d have commented on your website that you linked to previously but its nothing more than a holding page with even less info than the “leaked” Kickstarter one.
    I’m not knocking th eidea – I like it.
    I’m knocking the fact that you are into the top end of pricing and there’ll be another amount to pay AFTER delivery before you can actually wear them. (unless you want to look like a Gap employee or an eighties punk with mahoosive turnups)

wwaswas

£95 is not the top end of pricing.

Look at selvedge jeans and other quality trousers, these are a reasonable price and I think finish them yourself is fine.

drlex
    Free Member

Brant,
    I’m ok with unfinished, and since I tend to be 33″ IL, end up having to re-hem 34″ ones. Just wary of modern fit, whereby there’s a hank of material left at the waist in those that get over thighs & backside, so other measurements useful.

Perhaps like Alexander McQueen in his Jermyn Street days, you or Ed should scribble a hidden message inside a few pairs – back of the leather patch?

nickc

I’m quite keen on the unfinished aspect. means I can get them absolutely “bang on”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon I’ll be taking mine up to the end of the taper. 🙂

footflaps

Is it just me, or am I the only one who hates button flys and would prefer a decent zip?

Mackem

not just you, I prefer a zip too.

chewkw
    Free Member

How much does it cost to taper jeans/trousers nowadays? £5? £10? more? 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

F’chrissakes. They have buttons and you have to adjust the length to suit. Deal with it. 🙄

A limited run can’t be done with different lengths. Think of all the variables that would need to be covered. Fixing the length means that more will get sold which why it is being done that way.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Button flies are sexier.

spchantler
    Free Member

Alternatively, Spencer Trousers in nearby Sowerby Bridge will make you a pair of made to measure trousers in any style, cut or fabric. I think I paid 70 quid for my last pair, in moleskin. They’ve got patterns going back 150 years, and have been family owned since then link

miketually
    Free Member

I only have a zip fly on my wedding/funeral/interview trousers and I get The Fear when zipping up.

I’ve spent the last week dropping hints to the wife about how much trousers/jeans cost…

brant
    Free Member

Alternatively, Spencer Trousers in nearby Sowerby Bridge will make you a pair of made to measure trousers in any style, cut or fabric. I think I paid 70 quid for my last pair, in moleskin. They’ve got patterns going back 150 years, and have been family owned since then https://www.spencers-trousers.com

Yeah for sure. Nigel from Spencers was in OldGate last night. Ed saw him and he wished us well. Nigel goes riding with the gang from Blazing Saddles a bit. I approached him with my idea for this project a few months ago but it didn’t fit with the way he wanted to run his business. I have a pair of moleskin trousers he made-to-measure for me that are really nice.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Will these pants be ok for swinging ?

Please say yes

rOcKeTdOg

footflaps – Member

Is it just me, or am I the only one who hates button flys and would prefer a decent zip?

+2

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’d like to see velcro make an appearance. You know, easy out and that.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.