Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • scotroutes

Sadly, if you know the backstory to HebtroCo, you’ll have been lead to believe that this jeans factory was saved from closure by their ideas and production, that was complete fiction!
    The manufacturing company had been going strong for years and these guys came around with an idea and asked if they could use this fictional backstory to sell the factories jeans design re-branded as HebTroCo’s own. Which they were allowed to do, solely under the provision that all the production work be given to the factory and the design remained in the factories archives.
    But they went one further and decided to state that it wasn’t just the last trouser factory in Hebden Bridge, but that it was facing imminent closure due to declining orders – and that UK manufacturing in the valley was long since gone – total fiction! There are over a dozen companies in Calderdale producing clothing – always have been, always will be.

This agreement went well for just under 12 months, then these people who had professed that they were the Saviours of Calderdale decided to copy the trouser pattern that belonged to the Hebden Bridge company – making the necessary legal 5% changes to the pattern to avoid copyright theft – and took their production to another factory, which they now claim is costing them 20% more to manufacture from – but NOBODY is that stupid to believe that anyone would go elsewhere and pay more for an items production? are they?

This move left the small manufacturing unit in Hebden Bridge hanging on a promised production of 40 – 80 units a week, believing that the orders were imminent, the Hebden manufacturing company turned down work from other sources in lieu of this promised work, they waited patiently – for 2 months – but It never came, and so the factory is (and has been) on a 2 day working week for the (past and) next few months, leaving the staff in the factory out of work and struggling financially.

HebTroCo don’t seem to give a damn about the people they have left in their wake, their blase and childish comments on their social media pages about their reasons to move to another factory, and their deletions of people asking them questions as to their integrity over the Hebden Bridge manufacturer? leading to people being blocked from commenting,
    ‘profits over principles’ seems to be the order of the day, and over the past 12 months they have slowly but surely chipped away at their own principles and backstory to a point of complete annihilation of their original ethos.
    Within months, the local company Brisbane Moss who supplied them with British dyed cloth were binned off in favour of cheaper imported cloth from Germany. Now the manufacturing company who were in a strong position before these jokers came along is in a bit of a crisis due to being hit with fickle promises and lies.

OUR ETHOS:

In 2016 this Hebden Bridge manufacturing unit stepped in and helped me out big time after the 2015 floods,
    We as a manufacturing company lost over £130’000 in machinery and goods in those floods, fell foul of the insurance companies refusal to pay (we weren’t alone over 4000 other companies and individuals in the valley suffered the same fate) knowing this, the factories owners allowed me full access to their machinery and premises to get our production back up and running again, without this companies offer of help, we wouldn’t have pulled ourselves back so quickly from what seemed to be imminent forced closure.

I don’t forget the hand of kindness that is offered from relative strangers, So its time for me to try and do something for them, in their time of need.

I am planning on having a few hundred pairs of these jeans produced by this Hebden Bridge manufacturing company, investing my own money into this project to see if I can get at least one days additional work a week for the foreseeable, for their staff.
    I’m selling these trousers at one third less than HebTroCo – as a loss leader to try to keep the orders coming in for the Hebden Bridge Factory.
    If I can sell the 80 pairs (I’ve already had produced) quickly, I’ll start placing weekly orders with them and hopefully, this should tide them over until their winter orders kick in.

HebTroCo sell their jeans at £110 a pair, and charge £10 for having the hems turned up to your measurements, these same styled and same cut jeans I’m offering are just 75.00 a pair….. British Made by the same hands that made theirs, and I’ll match exactly the same guarantee that HebTroCo offer,

I could sell them for more, but this is not about profit, after production costs, VAT, Ebay fees etc, I’ll make less than £6 a pair on the sales of these jeans,
    This is about giving everyone down the line a good deal – from the customer to the people producing the items, my priority is ensuring that the girls in Hebden Bridge are kept in full time work and not suffering financially as a result of being tossed aside by the fickle attitudes of a couple of people who evidently have little understanding of the garment industry – and who evidently don’t have a scrap of loyalty in their bones!

Buying these jeans from here is helping a small hard working community keep their heads above water, not filling the coffers of a greedy individual.

Ouch!

scotroutes

nealglover
    Free Member

Item description…… 😯

vinnyeh

Item description……

Indeed. 😆

However… hadn’t realised that they’d sacked off the British fabric manufacturer as well- now using moleskin imported from Europe, according to that.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Oh just read the description on the items detailing what had happened on the eBay site. Pretty damning if it’s true. Having said that £75.00 a pair. May be worth a punt.

LeeW

This might be them.

That’s a hoof in the slats.

Cougar

So, the new trousers are not of the same standard as the old then? Are they cheaper?

Assuming Brant’s post a few pages back is to be believed, there is no “new trousers.” The moleskin pants, the subject of the Kickstarter and this thread, have always been made in Hebden. The ones made elsewhere were different products.

That’s a pretty damning post from the factory. As ever with these things, I suspect the truth may lie somewhere in the middle of these two versions of events. Both parties are saying “I can’t believe they’ve done this to us” – it sounds like a breakdown in communication at the very least. Either that or one side is being dishonest of course. Which side that is, I can only speculate (but I’m not going to cos some of you are far better at it than I am).

frankconway

Mystery inside a riddle wrapped up in an enigma.
    This seems to be a story that just keeps on giving.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Cougar – that Companies House link is pretty damning.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10662320

If you look at Pickles’ page he only seemed to have the “idea” to set up Last Factory a week or so ago. Yet had it incorporated as far back as March.

I still stand by the assertion that the whole #prayforhebdenbridge thing definitely comes across as bait and switch but there appears to be more to this. Nobody is coming out of this looking good IMO.

Cougar

I’m hesitant to post this for fear of being accused of sticking up for “mates” I don’t even know, but putting that wall of text up on every advert seems a bit of a low blow to me. Are they selling jeans as a “loss leader” to advertise their story to as a wide an audience as possible?

If I hadn’t heard of either company before, I’d be filing that ad under “weird” and giving both of them a wide berth.

nigew
    Free Member

Evening all
    I have kept well out of this so far, I know Richard and Ed and have also made a pair of trousers for Brant, i’m the manager of Spencers Trousers (the last remaining trouser factory in HX6 8) )

I would be very surprised if that ebay store above is anything to do with Shorties! Sure, the trousers look like their makeup but doubt Richard would put such a scathing statement on a listing.

EDIT I also have no idea what has gone on between them

Jamie
    Free Member

If you know them, why not ask them?

As for the eBay listing.

Item location: Tavistock Devon, United Kingdom

[quote]Based in United States, angel9262 has been an eBay member since 28 Apr, 2000[/quote]
    😀

nigew
    Free Member

It’s absolutley none of my business!

Harry_the_Spider

This is all getting very undignified.

ctk
    Free Member

I dont think the ebay store is Shorties but its all a bit yuck.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s absolutley none of my business!

Oh you just know them, rather than bezzie mates know them?

nigew
    Free Member

Oh you just know them, rather than bezzie mates know them?

Yep, to speak to them in the pub type of thing.

edlong
    Free Member

I’m selling these trousers at one third less than HebTroCo – as a loss leader

after production costs, VAT, Ebay fees etc, I’ll make less than £6 a pair on the sales of these jeans

Someone either doesn’t understand what “loss leader” means or is as full of shit as they claim everyone else is.

This whole thing just seems to get grubbier and grubbier. All round.

Pook

Do they wipe clean? Because with the amount of either spit or a.n.other bodily fluid being splashed all over them from the opposing viewpoints on this thread, they want to.

bearnecessities

This adds nothing but an anagram of STW and HebCoTro is “Both to screw”.

Slow day at work.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I think the ebay Ad is another company based in Tavistock who are buying from Shorties. If you read their backstory as listed above they say Shorties stepped in when their, presumably Tavistock, factory got flooded in 2015. This ties up with google facts https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tavistock+flooding+2015

Jamie
    Free Member

This adds nothing but an anagram of STW and HebCoTro is “Both to screw”.

Slow day at work.

Also, Boo Retch for just HebCoTro.

Throb Cos Wet 😀

Drac

eBay add deserves an Oscar it’s better acting than one of the Baldwins.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Trows, Beotch!

dazh

This is getting even sillier. Ironically I actually need some new jeans/trousers. Can someone advise on what I should buy? It’s an ethical minefield and I don’t want to be either on the wrong side of the STW lynch mob, or spat at the next time I go for a pint in the Old Gate.

Cougar

Craghoppers from TK Maxx.

frankconway

Buy from Spencers at Friendly.
    That way, you will remain neutral.

Harry_the_Spider

Daz, there’s a guy in Devon banging out pairs made by Eastern Europeans doing them from home on piece work.

Are you out on Monday? I’ll tell you some stuff that isn’t on here.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh great. Now Cougar is plugging his mates at TK Maxx.

No shame. 😡

imnotverygood

Cougar

Oh great. Now Cougar is plugging his mates at TK Maxx.

No shame.

You can go right off some people.

(-:

dazh

Well I can’t possibly miss it now can I?

Genius recruiting strategy BTW, could be a good turnout on Monday 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s what this thread was missing. People alluding to top secret information.

matt_outandabout

I heard the last copy of STW includes hidden messages that lead you to the only pair of HebTroCo made from gold cloth, woven by Nora in the only remaining hand spinning wheel in use in Yorkshire.

chewkw
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Ouch!

Crikey … 😯

Which naturally lead to the question who do you intend to buy from for your next pair of jeans trousers? 😮

Cougar

who do you intend to buy from for your next pair of jeans trousers?

ASDA.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

who do you intend to buy from for your next pair of jeans trousers?

ASDA. [/quote] hmmm … I shall give that a look … 😛

maccruiskeen

it’s better acting than one of the Baldwins.

Mike Baldwin became chiefly known for his ruthlessness in business and his string of ruined relationships.

maccruiskeen

Actually the more you look at baldwin the more you see life imitating art.

Started out in jeans manufacture then later on he turned handbags.

Somewhere in the middle he got into ladies underwear.

Makes you think.

Drac

Is he the guy from EastEnders?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.