Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • rOcKeTdOg

Can I fit a stealth dropper?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

£95 (if that’s what they’ll cost) is a bit rich for me

Wait a few months until the effects of China’s rising costs kick in and you won’t think £95 is all that expensive. Good to see a bit more homegrown apparel manufacturing.

brant
    Free Member

we pop in and try before we buy?

We will be having pop ups in Old Gate Hebden for trouser and beer chats, a local retailer – Dynamite – and potentially a few other pop ups around the place too.

drlex
    Free Member

FWIW, I’m comparing the price to a similar operation in Norfolk – Old Town – and finding it favourable. I’m also interested in buying from a company with strong links to this website.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When you consider what a good quality pair of jeans costs (and I’m not talking mega-high end ones either), and many of those are made in the Far East, £95 doesn’t seem too pricey. I may well be in…never really been a moleskin man though but it might be worth a shot.

Best of luck with it though. I reckon you’ll get enough to get that first run done no problem.

theotherjonv

Colours are dark blue and grey

Interested for sure and +100 to the buy cheap buy twice comments (or the opposite as is actually being said)

Grey covers quite a multitude, any chance of a decent picture of a fabric swatch or even to send me a sample?

Charcoal or slightly lighter would be good; dove wouldn’t 😉

nickc

We will be having pop ups in Old Gate Hebden for trouser and beer chats

Could catch on, trouser shopping in the pub…

brant
    Free Member

Charcoal or slightly lighter would be good; dove wouldn’t

Dark Grey certainly. The Kickstarter page is a draft that isn’t final yet. Still stuff to go in. Including swatches and more.

For final editing, page will probably vanish at some point, so if anyone wants more info we are Hebtroco on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and http://www.hebtro.co on the web. With a mailing list signup thing.

Thanks for the interest!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good luck with the new venture. Nice marketing which “should” support the pricing strategy.

Intirgued to see if there is a natural market on STW (cloth, price etc) – have you considered a red pair? 😉

theotherjonv

Signed up, cheers.

As others have said, looking forward to getting info about the sizing, particularly being a relatively large thigh to waist ratio as i suspect many on here would (claim) to be.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I ride bikes and they fit me

brant
    Free Member

Upper leg cut on my 33in proto v3.1 pair is almost identical to my 34in labelled Levi 501 selvedge’s. Lower leg more tapered.

Size chart coming!

I’ve been denim free since 2nd December!

theotherjonv

Ta.

A bit like wife receipts, any chance of doing fatblokelabelling? Can I have a pair of 36″ waisters with a label clearly stating 32″ 😉

Harry_the_Spider

We will be having pop ups in Old Gate Hebden for trouser and beer chats

Good stuff. I’ll pop over and try a pair.

sandwicheater

Very interested. Will keep an eye out for the pop up so I can try a pair on.

brant
    Free Member

New video loaded!

drlex
    Free Member

<patiently awaiting “blue steel” pose>

M6TTF
    Free Member

Look very promising – and always nice to have something that’s been manufactured locally. If the grey is dark, or there’s a black pair, count me in! As someone else mentioned, some standard off the peg leg lengths would be good for the regular shaped folk – 32w 34l 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Our first model is called The Founder. They have a slim jeans cut

that’s me out, my fat thighs and arse won’t fit in that cut

I ride bikes and they fit me

so does Chris Hoy and I doubt slim jeans fit is his preferred style

igm

Hmm, the “Hoy” cut – slim waist, mahoosive thighs? I’m interested.

By slim waist I meant 34-36″, by mahoosive thighs I mean mahoosive relative to that waist size – ie generous

ninfan
    Free Member

Especially tight around the arse?

[video]http://youtu.be/kX85QqzrXO0[/video]

hammyuk
    Free Member

£95 and then you’ve got to pay someone to take them up?
    Guess the £125 follow on price reflects you doing that then 😯

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Hmm, the “Hoy” cut – slim waist, mahoosive thighs? I’m interested.

By slim waist I meant 34-36″, by mahoosive thighs I mean mahoosive relative to that waist size – ie generous#

I think the phrase you’re after is ‘roomy’ 🙂

cbike
    Free Member

The right leg will be wider than the left leg judging by their attention to detail on the sound on their video.

igm

Paul, I end up buying extra slim fit stuff in huge sizes. Most trousers appear to be for beer belly types with skinny legs – have these people ever done any exercise?

CHB

I think it would be great if they offered to sell them at a range of common leg lengths. Getting them taken up will cost an extra tenner (and that’s at Leeds Market), and I always worry especially with jeans that they are never as good as the original factory finish.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve been keeping one eye on this as I initially “pretentious shite” but after watching the video I quite like the idea of some really nice, well made comfy work trousers and when I’m paying £40 a pair from Burton, £95 doesn’t seem too bad.

Ed/Brant – whats the lifetime guarantee bit?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong Brant – I like the idea and they look good BUT at that price I want to be able to get them out of the packet and wear them.
    Right then.
    Not a few days later after I’ve gone hunting in town to find somewhere that alters clothes (and charged me to do it).
    Surely once the initial “Founder” pairs have sold the pricing should drop as you’re selling more of them and the economy of scale kicks in?

chewkw
    Free Member

The pockets … the pockets … !

This is where you can stand out from the crowded market. Try it!

I have given up buying anything more than £30 due to the pockets. If you look at the market only one or two brands have very good strong pockets. 98% are shite in the pockets. In the past I would buy several pairs of the same jeans/trousers if I like the pockets in order to stock up (haven’t bought jeans or trousers for the past two years as I am still wearing my stock).

Make sure you make strong pockets I kid you not.

Look at those expensive branded jeans that come with very thin pockets I mean who are they kidding eh? I bought some jeans in the past where the pockets only lasted me three months. I know I carry plenty of keys but which adult men does not? How about EDC? You need good pockets.

Like my mum said it does not cost much to make good strong pockets.

maccruiskeen

Its a bit like Dr Martens ‘Boots for Life’ – when you wear them out you send them back to the factory and they send someone round to kill you. Free of charge.

rOcKeTdOg

maccruiskeen – Member

Its a bit like Dr Martens ‘Boots for Life’ – when you wear them out you send them back to the factory and they send someone round to kill you. Free of charge. 😆

Ed-O
    Free Member

GUARANTEE

We’ve tested and perfected our garments and we want you to be able to rely on them every day and be completely satisfied with everything you order from us at HebTroCo. So that is why all our clothing is guaranteed for life for manufacturing defects. If at any point your trousers become damaged, get them back to us and we will arrange for the item to be repaired or replaced or if the item is no longer available we will send goods of the same value. The guarantee does exclude damage that may have been caused by misuse, unusual wear and tear, accident or alteration, but we’ll always try and help you out whatever you’ve done.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ed-O – Member

GUARANTEE

We’ve tested and perfected our garments and we want you to be able to rely on them every day and be completely satisfied with everything you order from us at HebTroCo. So that is why all our clothing is guaranteed for life for manufacturing defects. If at any point your trousers become damaged, get them back to us and we will arrange for the item to be repaired or replaced or if the item is no longer available we will send goods of the same value. The guarantee does exclude damage that may have been caused by misuse, unusual wear and tear, accident or alteration, but we’ll always try and help you out whatever you’ve done.

How about the pockets? If I carry plenty of keys and as a result they poke holes in the pockets will it get repaired free of charge? 🙂

Yes, I know it’s not manufacturer’s defect but you don’t expect me to carry handkerchief only … I need to keep EDC in my pockets.

jekkyl

Are the moles locally sourced?

bearnecessities

Chewkw, you’re a bloody maniac.

I’m sure the trousers a key-proof.

brant
    Free Member

How about the pockets? If I carry plenty of keys and as a result they poke holes in the pockets will it get repaired free of charge?

Yes, I know it’s not manufacturer’s defect but you don’t expect me to carry handkerchief only … I need to keep EDC in my pockets.

Aye. We’ll fix pockets. The cotton pocket lining we’re using is, as far as I know, the highest grade that’s used in anything anywhere.

I also have a dream of something with kevlar pocket linings and CNC’d buttons, but Ed thinks I’m crackers.

So you’re in for £95 Chewkw then?

CHB

oh…cnc machined mica buttons. Only Tie died Ti could be better.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m in, but considering the rate I go through trousers they’ll probably be for special occasions only.

tor5
    Free Member

+1 for the “roomy” cut. Don’t think I’ve managed to get a pair of 501’s past mid thigh since the age of 16 – years of locking a scrum and now cycling makes finding good jeans/trousers unduly difficult!

grum
    Free Member

This is SO Hebden Bridge. Is that Mr Wilson’s on the soundtrack?

Good luck to you though – great idea. I’d possibly be interested in a roomier cut and shorter lengths.

What’s a bankers pocket?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.