Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hebden Bridge route!!!!!!
  • marcfoy89
    Free Member

Hi, I have been told that hebden bridge is know within the mountain bike community as the Yorkshire Alps! And wondered if anyone knows of a route/loop that takes in some of the best riding around hebden bridge.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Depends what you’re looking for.
    It’s a maze of trails up and down all sides of the valley.
    Take a look on Strava at segments in the area and see how folk have linked them into a ride.
    Usual plan is to start from Hebden and either ride the Stoodley Pike side of the valley (fantastic descents but slightly less technical) or opt for the North side of the valley (which is steeper, techier and even cheekier).
    Basically, every track on the map is worth riding but be considerate to everybody you meet on them because 90% of the good stuff is footpaths.

If you want to stay “legit” on bridleways, then a loop North to Worsethorne via Gorple Road might be your best option.

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Thanks ecky-thump, sounds good I will have a look on strava and work a route out, any reccomendations on a good route to work some knarly descents into.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Up, down, up, down, coffee & cake, up, down, up, down, beer and food, up, down, crash, up, down, up, down*

* use your sense and don’t go riding trails that pop out in peoples gardens, be considerate, be discreet.

GregMay
    Free Member

be considerate, be discreet

This more than anything. Don’t be a dick. Ride at a sensible time, not at 1pm in the afternoon.

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Yeah it will be early morning if I pop over, anyone out Sunday morning?

dienamic

How early? A couple of us will be in Hebden about 8.45 Sunday morning if you want to tag along?

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Probably about 9ish, what is your planned route, me and a friend would be happy to join you as long as you are hitting up some of these knarly descents I have heard about!

dienamic

There’ll be descents, but I’m afraid there’ll be as many climbs…

andybrad

Theres a guy on here whos started doing guided rides around Hebden and the surrounding area. I did a very very good skills course with him recently if you would like his contact details let me know.

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Cool well are at a pretty good level of fitness and descent bike handling. So should be sound! There is a route I have found on the net I’ll try attach it see if you recognise any of the tracks p.s. How do I attach a pic?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Parking at the NT car park at Hardcastle Crags will put you in the centre of things. Or park in town and ride for 10mins up Midgehole Road.

And please don’t park outside my house 😀

And please be super nice to walkers.

marcfoy89
    Free Member

I have found a route around hebden bridge, that takes in quite a few descents and loops out towards the pennine way and gorple lower res.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge route!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.