Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Hebden Bridge ride sunday 15th all welcome
  • knott4me
    Free Member

there is a small group of us meeting at the robin hood inn pecket well tom morning 9.00am .

riding around heptonstall & sections of the mary townley loop.
    initially 23 mls with an added loop of 3/4 miles added nr the end depending on fitness/time/weather.considering its pretty boggy up by the pike we may miss that section out.

it will be myself,simon a possible upto 6 people all off stw who i have not mey befoe ..so looking forward to a good ride.

pm me for any further info sarah-coveatskydotcom

taka
    Free Member

what sort of riding is it? dh/fr/xc/ect…? cos im on a patriot and could bring about 3 freinds

grumm
    Free Member

If its 19 miles its not really gonna be dh or freeride is it….

taka
    Free Member

dunno the hills around hebden are fairly big

knott4me
    Free Member

pm sent .the patriot will be fine .i ride certain sections on my 6″ bike & im faster than on the ht carbon.

there is a few challenging climbs but nothing we can,t wait for.

it certainly won,t be freeride but im certain no one will be dissapointed.
    there are a few gates on one of the sections but they are close together so the pain is quickly eased as we then blast all the way down for a couple of miles on a lovely bit of singletrack.
    the route will start from the pub & turn right up the road for 3/4 mile.we take the old road on the right all the way down to the bridleway. up waste lane.dick dean lane ,hopefully the mud on top will of eased since last time i was there,this is the only muddy section.

we then have a half decent blast dh to hc craggs/allready half way up the climb we go up for a short period onto the national trust house all the way on to widdop.all fire roads on this bit but not for long.

the best climb of the day up widdop.we then turn right down gorple stones which is an exellent little decent.tha patriot will love this bit.either that or ill swap you bikes just for this bit.wink…
    then down to the other resovoir.then another climb up all the way to the top along & down to land farm along & upto the next farm & down to new deli pub.

we then turn right up killer hill bow lane then down an exellent tight rocky track all the way to the main road where we cross over & head for studley pike. we then can either decide enough is enough or go upone sid of studley & back down or head straight down the mad road into hebden by the co-op.

this is only brief but a rough idea.

hora
    Free Member

I’m starting at 11am in Hebden tomorrow with fatladattheback off of here. Wave when you see us, me on a green hardtail and him on a big DH bike (Stumpjumper) 😉

brant
    Free Member

I will be on a plane going to Taiwan.

Maybe next time.

knott4me
    Free Member

have a good un.ill be riding a black stealth gt carbon ht.give us a shout next time maybe.

knott4me
    Free Member

also we are fine to use the car park for the robin just keep to the far side & have a pint after.

weather looks promising too.

steel4real
    Free Member

Good work and it looks like it’s going to be a grand day out. I would come along but it’s going to finish with a climb !?

Only joking, I’m glad you gave a route outline, I’ve poor fitness and legs still sore from a shorter ride round Malham on Friday. Hopefully another time.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i,ll burn you all off on my little hardtail then ! yeheeee …. hahhaahhah

knott4me
    Free Member

the road climb to finish is torture but the pub is calling.
    you could allways start the ride from hebden & ride up to meet us.
    the mrs needs the car after she drops me off so ill be riding back to hove edge after.

Junkyard
    Free Member

more notice and I would have been up for it happy trails and local rivvy jaunt for me

hora
    Free Member

Aye, lets get another date in the diary soon for a Calderdale ride? Not a 9am start though. Don’t you people drink?!!!

Brant, I wish I was on a plane to Taiwan…for different reasons mind 🙄

knott4me
    Free Member

i actually prefer the early start.i have 2 small childrem which gets me up around 6 most mornings.

im partial to a real ale copper dragon hmmm.

i think iff there is a group such as this getting together the bonus of having time on your hands for any mechanicals or peoples fitness is inportant.

im well up for a proper calderdale ride .a full loop of the townley in full has to be on the cards .i need to keep up my fitness as i plan to ride the isle of mann end2ned again this year beating my woefull attemp of last year.

taka
    Free Member

see you there at 9 then might beby myselfthough

tom

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

a full loop of the townley in full has to be on the cards

Never quite got round to doing that yet, might be up for that if work
    does not clash.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Have a good day and keep an eye and an ear out for the Curlews.

taka
    Free Member

plenty of curlews on old oxenhope road at the top of stairs lane

oxnop
    Free Member

Just out of interest how long will this ride take?

knott4me
    Free Member

depends on everyones level really.i normally blitz this on my own as an eveging ride in under 3 hours,but i would of thought providing all goes well under 4 hours easy.

as i have allready said there is several places to drop of back to hebden.

you could allways ride untill we get to the new delight pub & carry straight down to hebden as we take the bridleway up,this is around the 12/13 mile section.

my advice tom will be that anyone struggling or not happy can hollow & i will give them a route back safely & quickly back if they wish.

hora
    Free Member

knott4me, post a ride up for a week or couple of weeks time (not the 4th for me though) and I’m in 🙂

taka
    Free Member

ill bring a map not that ill get lost 😆 know it off the back off my hand =)

oxnop
    Free Member

I might have to join you all then, I only live in Oxenhope and only know 1 route in Hebden Bridge. Embarrasing

taka
    Free Member

appouling where about in oxenhope ill be riding over the hebdenbride road tomorrow mornin

tom

jaycmx1
    Free Member

count me in for in a week or two also.would love to do some riding round hebden.only been round when doing the townley loop last year and i dont live that far away.any day of the weekend.or time im easy!! 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

By the roundabout off keighley Rd, I was going to go play out on the big bike at Gisburn tomorrow but i think ill give that a miss. Where you from Taka?

taka
    Free Member

im up on black moor are you called matt?

oxnop
    Free Member

no, matt is my neighbour. are you the kid dropping the tool off a few weeks ago?

taka
    Free Member

yep

knott4me
    Free Member

not too late to tag along .see you all there ,looking forward too it.
    taka a map is a good idea in-case anyone needs directing back.

taka
    Free Member

bag packed with map see you in the morning

tom

{phone number removed!!!!!!}

xherbivorex
    Free Member

rats, i actually would have loved to have joined in with you lot but i’ve already arranged to go to roman lakes tomorrow instead. oh well, maybe come up to that next one with hora if it goes ahead…

hora
    Free Member

Aye, hope you early birds have a good un 🙂

steel4real
    Free Member

oxnop –

I was going to go play out on the big bike at Gisburn tomorrow

funnily enough that’s exactly what I’m about to do ! as I’m a bit lazy and have tired legs. Look out for a fool on an SX trail !!

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Hora, bring your shorts

Its SUNNY!!!

hora
    Free Member

I don’t understand. What is this ‘sun’ that you speak of? 😆 :mrgreen:

oxnop
    Free Member

S4R

I’m sticking with my first plan my legs are also tired from a ride yesterday and I woke up too late to make it there for 9. Gisbun it is then.

Have a good ride.

taka
    Free Member

lol fun bigclimbs though =\ now to take my brother out …

Mugboo

Good ride on a good day. Big, big climbs, short downhills, why does it always work like that..

Just need to know where all the cheeky, techy lines are now. Any volunteers for that??

Cheers Simon

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge ride sunday 15th all welcome’ is closed to new replies.