Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hebden Bridge
  • flyingmonkeycorps

We’re thinking about popping over to the land of STW for a ride this weekend – is this a good idea? Was looking at this route:

Hebden Bridge – Singletrack Route

dienamic

Rams clough (the descent from 10) will probably be a bog, but you can avoid it and follow Gorple road all the way down to Hurstwood then turn left to Cant Clough instead. 15 to 16 on the map will be wet – but it nearly always is!

flyingmonkeycorps

Wouldn’t be a ride without a bit of mud! Good advice though, definitely taken on board.

kirky72
    Free Member

Long Gorple descent is fast and good anyway, the other is much more stop start especially when its moist.

Good route generally, dependant on your legs you could climb up to Pecket Well and add that descent in back down to continue your route from hardcastle crags (just carry on up the road climb rather than forking off down Midgehole road) the descent starts from the narrow track just before the garages upon entering Pecket Well. can straightline it to the bottom or fork right for a longer more technical but less steep option. The bit from delf lane down towards the slabs and tod gold club is most often like a river but makes for some good comedy offs.

Mark

Route doesn’t go down Rams Clough. It goes where you suggest it should to avoid Rams Clough. We were out riding parts of that route at the weekend and it was surprisingly dry. Not actual dry of course, but drier than we were expecting it to be.

flyingmonkeycorps

Brilliant, thanks guys. Just spent my lunch hour trying to a) import a GPX and then when that failed b) plot a route into OS maps. Of course it failed to save. Thanks OS maps.

GregMay
    Free Member

Looks ok, there are other options to the section of road on Long Causeway if you dig out an OS map.

flyingmonkeycorps

Will do. I reckon we’ll be back anyway for more of an explore so not the end of the world if we don’t squeeze everything in. Only a couple of hours away.

dazh

A ride in Hebden Bridge that misses out the Hebden classics? If you’re starting in Hebden then you really should do both the Blue Pig and Peckett Well. It won’t add much distance wise but does add a couple of hills.

Blue Pig

Peckett Well

andybrad

Just as a shout give Chris (ck on here) a shout as he guides in the area and can either advise of a route or show you some “hidden jems” of which there are many at Hebden 🙂
    https://www.facebook.com/WhooshMTB/
    Tell him I sent ya and I’m sure he’ll sort something 🙂

wl
    Free Member

Driest I’ve seen it in a while here today, and not much (if any) rain forecast any time soon when I last checked. There will be pockets of gloop on the tops though. Enjoy yourself.

nickc

. The bit from delf lane down towards the slabs and tod gold club is most often like a river but makes for some good comedy offs.

Bits of it are pretty slidey at the minute,

Its a good route but add in blue pig at least

flyingmonkeycorps

Thanks all, had a cracking ride – did the Peckett Well descent plus the route as shown (ish) but we didn’t have time for Blue Pig. We’ll be back though!

Also had a cracking burrito at the market. Mmm, burrito.

GregMay
    Free Member

Possibly the best weather we’ve had in the Valley in a year. You lucked out.

Never rains in the Valley…

nickc

I’ve forgotten what rain is since moving to Calderdale, so rarely does it happen in West Yorkshire

flyingmonkeycorps

Virtually everyone we spoke to said the same thing.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge’ is closed to new replies.