Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Heavy Clutch pedal ? …
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Ive got a 04 plate Nissan primera diesel and the clutch is very heavy with a very low biting point, is this a sign that the clutch is on the way out ??
    Always been aware that the clutch is heavy , but ive had a hire car this week while the turbo was been replaced and the clutch was alot nicer to use than mine ..

KT1973
    Free Member

Probably is worn out

khani
    Free Member

Could be a worn clutch cable,( if it's not hydraulic) if the clutch is worn the bite point normally goes up( top of pedal) not lower

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

khani – Member
    Could be a worn clutch cable,( if it's not hydraulic) if the clutch is worn the bite point normally goes up( top of pedal) not lower

Thats my thinking, ive had clutches go and slip before but the bites always come higher not lower ??

khani
    Free Member

The only time I've seen a clutch go lower is when the cable has stretched or worn and not pulling the arm fully

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just looked at the manual and its hydraulic not cable , may need a bleed im thinking ?

khani
    Free Member

I had an old Nissan bluebird and it did what you describe, heavy and lower bite point and it was a streched and worn cable dragging and not pulling all the way,
    EDIT no idea on hydraulic, sorry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Heavy Clutch pedal ? …’ is closed to new replies.