Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Heaven of the South MTB event 19th May 2012 – spaces still available
  • haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

HI all

Just thought I’d let you know that we’ve still got spaces left in the “Heaven of the South” event that’s running on Saturday 19th May 2012.

There are 50km and 75km routes that take in the best singletrack, doubletrack and minor roads (not too many tarmac miles) on the southern edge of the Cotswolds escarpment. Twelve of us rode the 75km route yesterday to test it out, and we’re all knackered.

This year, we’ve got special permission from the National Trust to take the 75km route through Woodchester Park, and from the Breakheart Community Project to take both the 75km and 50km routes on a lap of the Breakheart Quarry.

As per last year’s event, we’ve got camping, live music, beer, roller racing, cider, plus hot showers and improved catering. Did I mention the beer?

Entry via the website http://www.heavenofthesouth.co.uk/

Any questions, drop me a line (email in profile)

Hope to see you there!

Barn
    (On behalf of the HOTS committee)

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Still a few spaces left!

If it keeps raining like this, they’ll be some properly challenging riding conditions, although much of the route drains reasonably well. I forgot to mention, when we rode the 75km route, we clocked it as 5000ft of climbing

For those of you more interested in the apres ride, we’ve got local beer from Uley Brewery, it went down really well last year, along with the local cider.

Enjoy!

Barn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Heaven of the South MTB event 19th May 2012 – spaces still available’ is closed to new replies.