Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Heatwave
  • matt_outandabout

Meh, a mere 28*c here. At 1885m on the Puy de Sancy. 8)

Back at base, it is a Tarmac melting 39.5*c here.

All in all a ‘warm’ day for hillwalking and biking.

And ace to say ‘bonjour’ and be welcomed by ‘ow do’ on the summit by a Sheffield family now living down here.

IdleJon

DezB – Member
    This young fashion victim amused me on the way home yesterday. I rounded the corner to catch him fiddling with his hat (missus), obviously itching like crazy in the 30deg heat! Dropped his hands and acted (ahem) cool when he saw me

Isn’t that one of Will Smith’s dummies from I Am Legend? 😯

Klunk
    Free Member

nice fast road as they smooth out with the heat only to be a tad slippy come the first frost 😀 🙁

footflaps

39C in the workshop when I got home from work. That’s six 1m square Velux windows for you…

MrOvershoot

Not sure of the exact temp, but tonight’s ride was effing hot we also had brambles nettles thistles & quite a lot of insects (That’s the price you pay for cheeky trails 😉 )
    But it was great to get out & 2 pints of Westons vintage cider 7.6% at the pub made the nettle rash fade 😀

iainc

Thunder and lightning just called an early finish to game of croquet on the lawn 😀

bubs

The tube was fairly warm just now, only caught it bcause trains on go slow due to the ‘wrong’ kind of heat. I have never seen so much clammy, pink, exposed skin (well not since last summer). 8)

stevedoc
    Free Member

On 29oC on tonights ride around Marsden , effing hard work climbing ,bitten to high hell with the insects and the big off didn’t help they seemed more attracted to the blood than my body did

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ewe, the Tube in a Heatwave.

Brave boy 😯

slowoldman

Thunder and lightning just called an early finish to game of croquet on the lawn

Just started rumbling in the distance here.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Currently being battered by a thunderstorm.

Ace!

martinhutch

I’m waiting for that to come our way. Had a whopper over the Dales earlier.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Keep a track here: http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

Just had bluearsedfly #1 and #3 up out of bed and at the window in awe (much to the wifes disapproval).

murf
    Free Member

Had a trot round Golspie in 24dC heat this afternoon. 30mins towards home and it turned to thunder,lightning and torrential rain!

bearnecessities

^ very funny thanks 🙂

binners

Ok….. Who’s not planning on having a barby tonight then?

Beer o clock in approximately 35 minutes 😀

bearnecessities

Not me. I’m already sat in garden getting bootiful & drinking beer (#flexitime).

By the time I start thinking about food, starting a fire would not be advisable.

Happy Summer 🙂

Kryton57

Its a real first world problem this. I’m about an hour away from going to a a nice pub in London.

What to wear? 🙄

bearnecessities

Speedos.

Definitely.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ah ha Roosters, well have to say a Barbie would be a great idea. Setting one up in the Apartment here however, in Shiney Town, would involve a knock on the door from the Terrorist Police, a Chopper full of cammo kitted out blokes with angry faces all doing Marcel Marso impressions as they drop one by one onto the ground.

And we’d ruin our laminate flooring.

But today was is a little disappointing in Shiney Town Sq TBH. Most of the Pretties eating Pret have gone back home to their swanky pads in Noiy Yoik or Honkers or Zurich, leaving a random scattering of Lovelies licking Lollies dribbling on their latest purchase from Hobbs.
    Tonight will be a cockfight in Town for sure, there will be more drop top Ferraris and polished RR’s in 500mtr sq than in the whole of Cheshire :lol:, such is the draw for such vacant exposure.

😛

cheers_drive

Currently stuck in the hottest waiting room ever in Addenbrooks when I should be out on my bike 😥

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Heatwave’ is closed to new replies.