Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Heatwave
  • Caher

In Vienna at the mo and it’s hot here too. Air con in full blast for the sleep. What a city for cycling though just come back from a blast around the Danube amongst thousands of bikers.

iainc

We picked a good week to be on hols in Northumberland. 25 ish today. Country cottage with shared pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, tennis etc. So a nice solo 1.5k in the pool all to myself before breakfast, some tennis with the kids, lazy lunch, a few hrs on the beach at Low Newton by the Sea, nice wind for the big kite 🙂 Thirsty work so a cool pint at the Ship Inn, back for a swim at cottage, on the second Pimms now while dinner cooks.

Tomorrow ? Same again I guess 😀

MrOvershoot

bikebouy – Member

^^ ohhh, you win the bravery/sufferfest award

No I win the stupidity award 🙁 coming off the back of 2 weeks “holiday” in Northumberland where the weather was grey cold & windy 🙁

iainc

^^^^^^ I bet my post made you feel even worse then 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

28C in the shade on the South Coast whilst stripping out old CSR kit. Too hot to have a mantrum at the ridiculous number of bolts holding the kit together.

MrOvershoot

iainc – Member

^^^^^^ I bet my post made you feel even worse then

Yes first time in 5 years we have had bad weather 🙁

You at Beacon Hill?

matt_outandabout

Meh.

http://www.wunderground.com/EU/FR/025.html#warn

We spent the day canoeing a lovely French river, the Allier, through the French heatwave warnings, at 40*c.
    I win the willy waving contest, especially with the number of French who clearly take ‘weather warning’ to mean ‘permission to sunbathe naked on the Allier’ 😆

Let’s hope tomorrow’s uplifted mountain biking at Super Besse is a tad cooler. 8)

iainc

Mr Overshoot – indeed we are, come most years, often Easter right enough. Top spot 😀

MrOvershoot

Bugger & you have some internet as it was fubar all last week!

OK which cottage are you in?

iainc

Funnily enough it’s been off last 2 days and just back up, Alun apologetic as ever. We’re in Ash cottage this time, where were you ?

MrOvershoot

We stay in Merlin as my wife is in a wheelchair. Tony the gardener/handyman commented it was the first time we had bad weather while staying 🙁

Your obviously the first wave of the Scottish school holiday brigade. Only managed 1 bike ride while I was there this time!

iainc

Yes, this week is a bit cheaper before the rest of the schools are off, so we try and get this one if we can. No bikes as find the roads a bit mental and bad surfaces but Arran next week, probably be hosing down as we will have bikes with us then !

busydog
    Free Member

Just recently moved from New Mexico to Southeastern Washington State. It has been in the 103-112F for daily highs the past 2 weeks and is 105F at the moment (1:30PM)—-about 20F above normal for this time of year.

Drac

Tomorrow ? Same again I guess

Joiners Arms for Ice Cold cocktails in the sun.

cinnamon_girl

Showers on Thursday. 😀

iainc

Drac – had a lovely lunch there on Sunday 😀

MrOvershoot

iainc – Member
    Yes, this week is a bit cheaper before the rest of the schools are off, so we try and get this one if we can. No bikes as find the roads a bit mental

This year I took a mountain bike but previously took road/CX. “Roads a bit mental”?
    Last few times I have been out for 2hr + rides & seen maybe 5 or 6 cars!

dantsw13

We had a dust induced crash on tonight’s ride – summer indeed! One of the lads lost visibility in the dustcloud, got stuck in a rut and had a high speed OTB. A sore thumb, lots of cuts and bruises, but made it to the pub for a few beers.

7pm ride tonight was a rather sweaty one, but oh so dusty – and suprisingly some PB’s – uphill for some too FFS.

Mate had a good crash though – I’d say clocking 30mph. Paced 6mtrs from the post he clipped to his bike and another 5mtrs to where he landed – the scar through the undergrowth was mostly bracken, oh and nettles and thistles, lots of nettles and thistles 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://app.strava.com/activities/224740203/analysis
    My last proper hot ride, topped out at 36c with no shade. Would maybe have been a little more pleasant if it wasn’t racing.
    Same the previous Jan
    https://app.strava.com/activities/109310788/analysis

Heat can be nasty, keep hydrated and watch out in direct sun for too long. After the Jan one I ended up under the air con with ice packs on my head.

iainc

Last few times I have been out for 2hr + rides & seen maybe 5 or 6 cars!

– agree re traffic, more just that locally to the place they are narrow and poor visibility such that any vehicle encounter tends to be a surprise for the driver. My experience only though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Phenomenal conditions last night. It was too hot for matey to do the whole loop so he wandered off on some sort of off-piste/fireroad route while I carried on the tourist trails. At the pre-arranged meetup he was nowhere to be seen so assuming he’d carried on I pinned it. Turns out he was behind me even though I’d ridden further! How awesome am I!

*gallops off on high horse*

DezB
    Free Member

This young fashion victim amused me on the way home yesterday. I rounded the corner to catch him fiddling with his hat (missus), obviously itching like crazy in the 30deg heat! Dropped his hands and acted (ahem) cool when he saw me

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well Blow Me (cough)

Such a lovely day again. Shiney Town sparkling in the mid morning sunlight and hundreds of blinds being drawn as I type.
    Pootle in on the foldie, jacket open, shades on, ducks on the docks and kids scootering to school in flowery little dresses and floppy hats.

Will be crashing out in Cabot Sq again for lunch whilst watching the Tennis on the huge screen among the throngs of pretties eating pret.

Bring this on, more of this spectacular weather 8)

Klunk
    Free Member

30 degrees here now 8)

cinnamon_girl

I do believe I saw a couple of rain drops here in Dorsetshire, alas the sun has come out yet again. 😐

bigblackshed
    badnewz
    Free Member

This young fashion victim amused me on the way home yesterday

I initially read that as ‘abused me on the way home’.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    stumpy01

Just been outside for lunch and it is lovely! Proper warm – probably a bit hotter than it was on my holiday in Tenerife last week.

Quite a strong wind; it’s like being stuck under a hand drier.

Looking forward to a road ride tonight!

midlifecrashes

Thunderstorms just starting in Doncaster. Huge downpour but don’t think it’ll last long. Like standing in a warm shower.

binners

The bastards next door to the office have fired up the barby. The smell of chargrilled meat is now drifting up through the window. Doubtless ‘LEAVE IT DARREN HE’S NOT WORTH IT!!!’ won’t be far behind 🙁

cloudnine
    Free Member

Raining in west wales.. Its warm rain mind.

kimbers

aircon has died in our lab 36C so i think its actually cooler outside right now

Kryton57

Currently predicted to be 32 when my XC race kicks off, dropping dramitically to 31 an hour or so later.

Better stick a zero tab in t’bottle with some extra juice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well it went cloudy over lunch, don’t worry Roosters it was still stunningly hot. We get a lot of wind here (no, no not hot air) the Buildings whip it up something rotten like, downdrafts/updrafts/sideways/in yer face/over yer head/up yer skirt and all of this today was Hot. 😆
    Pretties eating Pret decided today was the day to wear even less than yesterday, a delightful sight of paired down dress code and ponytails. Ohhh blimey 😳
    Salad Bars and itsu doing wonders for light lunches, we had the Scurity team hand out 1mtr SQ blankets so we could sit on the grass in the square without the teeny low cut grass touching our pert behinds, how kind.

Pootle home will be a Joy. 8)

binners

Its nearly beer garden o’clock comrades. We’re christening a mates new bike. We’re not expecting to make it much further than the first pub with a beer garden. Int summer BRILLIAAAAANT!!!!

somafunk

Quite dull n’ cloudy in Galloway with the occasional spit of rain and not that hot really. 🙁

Rockape63
    Free Member

Quite dull n’ cloudy in Galloway with the occasional spit of rain and not that hot really.

That’s the fun of living in Scotlandshire…..34 degs here, same as Doha and vegas! 8)

Methinks we’ll be having more than the usual post ride two pints tonight! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Heatwave’ is closed to new replies.