Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Heating controls question
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I’ve been having some issues with the heating recently. It could be a faulty valve but I’m now thinking it may be the thermostat that is faulty.

I understand I could buy a new temperature control thermostat something like this.

But would I be able to buy a new time and temperature control thermostat like this
    without changing the digistat (that’s the box connected to the boiler right?)

nickjb
    Free Member

You should be able to fit a new time and temperature control thermostat, just need to check the wiring is compatible. You set the unit on the boiler to ‘on’ and let the box do all the work. There’s loads out there including internet and phone controlled, the one you link to is at the basic end but will do the job. I think I’d at least get a 7 day one though eg a CM907.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Thanks. It seems that the thermostats on their own aren’t too expensive but if you have to buy the digistat too then it becomes very pricey.

Something pretty basic but with time controls should be enough.

jam-bo

salus rt500 is the standard answer I think for cheap and functional wireless thermostat.

i had one for while but changed it out when I got a really good deal on a netatmo smart thermostat. If you can wire a plug you can install it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Heating controls question’ is closed to new replies.