Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • heathrow parking – top tips please
  • scaredypants

For a fortnight (T4 I think, FWIW)

Cheapness is good but I don’t want to be waiting ages for a transfer bus

I’d consider a hotel “deal” but it doesn’t add much actual value for us

Recommendations or horror stories welcomed

thanks

allthegear
    Free Member

Buy lots of beer/wine/whatever for a friend who will drop you off is the best plan. Even if you give the £50 it’s still always the best option as you get dropped off so close.

Rachel

jam-bo

Purple parking is cheap but transfers are a pain. I think they might do a valet option now for a bit more.

aP
    Free Member

Expect to take a long time getting heathrow at the moment with the M4 being closed for repairs.

nickjb
    Free Member

We take the bus these days. It’s cheaper and less of a pain.

scaredypants

it’s going to have to be the car and really has to be us driving (2x3hr round trips for a friend = not fair to ask, I reckon)

Purple parking is cheap – as long as it’s not nasty we may end up there

Rickos
    Free Member

For about £10 more than a Purple/Pink Elephant type I did 10 days from T4 a couple of years ago using one of the meet and greet services. I’ll be doing that again this year. The extra cost is so minimal it’s so worth it, especially with young kids.

scaredypants

yeah, purple is offering some of that meety/greety akshun (for £20-£40 more)

TiRed

Purple parking Valet service is superb. They collect and deliver to the terminal. Used it for work many times. Worth the extra.

ebygomm
    Free Member

You can get discounts through quidco.

By booking last minute we managed to park on airport for less than long stay would normally cost but you might not want to risk that.

br
    Free Member

Get a taxi.

Do the sums and see if you’ve a local Merc type car/driver who’ll take/collect you.

Rickos
    Free Member

Just looked for my own needs and I can get meet and greet for about £15 more than the cheapest off site parking. That’s for 19 nights too, so pretty good as a pro rata difference.

Compare offerings here – http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/heathrow/heathrow-airport-parking.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘heathrow parking – top tips please’ is closed to new replies.