Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Heat pump tumble dryer anyone?
  • tang
    Free Member

Could be tumble dryer time here(there’s a back story too boring to type). What say you to these heat pump A rated things?? Anyone got one?

GrahamS

Yeah we do. Beko Dry&Save (DPU 8360 W) 8kg load, A rated.

http://www.beko.co.uk/Item/DPU8360?col=&route=/BekoRange/Category-Laundry/Type-Tumble%20Dryers/

I really rate it. Expensive up front but I did the sums and reckoned it would pay off the difference compared to a “normal” drier in two to three years.

Good things: big load, large door, fairly quiet, knows how long it has to go, easy access to filters, little light inside, easy controls, time delay and anti-crease, outflow can easily be plumbed in to save emptying the water tank all the time.

Bad things: dust/lint filters need emptying all the time.

tang
    Free Member

Thanks Graham, was looking at beko.

sl2000

Have had a Bosch one for a couple of years. Works fine. Takes a full machine’s washing. Haven’t had to clean any filters. Does weigh about 1 million kg though. Our builders carried it down to the cellar, and I’m not sure anyone will be able to get it out.

GrahamS

Haven’t had to clean any filters.

In a couple of years?? How? Where does the lint go? 😕

The beko one has reminder lights to clean the filters but basically it is the pre-filter every couple of cycles and the main filter every six or so. Fortunately it is a very quick job as the pre-filter just lifts out and the main filter has a nice turn handle that makes you feel like you are installing a new CO2 scrubber on the space station 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

You always have to clear the filters all the time on tumble driers!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

When I was re-installing mine I found the air leak all around the back panel that had been filling the kitchen with grey dust. It’s now very much improved (gaffer tape)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Never heard of these – I’ll be paying attention as MrsSB does like to use the drier quite a lot!

GrahamS

It wasn’t so bad on our previous one which was an absolutely ancient tumble drier (e.g. controls were on or off). That one was vented and didn’t really have a filter so it just blew all the lint out the vent hose 😕

But yeah I think most modern condensing driers you’ll have to empty the filter pretty regularly, so I’m intrigued by sl2000’s Bosch.

sl2000

In a couple of years?? How? Where does the lint go?

Ahem – clearly it’s just my wife that uses it 😳

So yes, it does have a lint filter in the door which you need to empty after every load. I’d forgotten about that in my excitement at it having a self-cleaning condensor.

GrahamS

Ahem – clearly it’s just my wife that uses it 😳

LOL – aaaahhh so the lint is taken care of by the same laundry fairies that convert the smouldering heaps of minging cycling gear into fresh neatly folded kit in a drawer?

Isn’t technology wonderful these days 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

Condenser driers = great

Beko = make sure that you have a fire extinguisher and your insurance is up to date and you and your family are fire-proof.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Heat pump tumble dryer anyone?’ is closed to new replies.