Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Heat moaners
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

I’m loving it, temp has made a rare excursion into the 20’s here in Dundee.
    My body doesnt actually begin to function 100% until about 22°C (yes, I REALLY live in the wrong place!).
    May actually go wild and leave the arm warmers and windproof at home tonight 😀

bearnecessities

I’ve cracked.

welshfarmer

Hottest day of the year and I have to spend 5 hours driving to and from Birmingham airport! Ah well, at least I had working aircon so not all bad. Gauge topped out at 35.5 driving past Worcester. Don’t think I have ever seen temps like that in the UK. Was glad to get back to Wales and a more reasonable 24 degrees.

welshfarmer

We need to swap places Andy as my body goes into stasis as son as the mercury climbs above 20 degrees. More than 25 and I might as well find a dark corner and go to sleep for all the use I am. I can work all day outside in a T shirt when it is about 1-2 degrees above freezing

Sandwich

MrOvershoot I don’t miss summertime flour milling at all. Sweat washing the starch out of the product to leave gluten in your arm hair! Mould lots and lots of black stinky mould in spouting.

Pickers

Hottest day of the year and the sodding fridge has packed up!
    All I have is warm beer and lumpy milk.
    I’m another one that suffers in the heat. 20 is just fine thank you.

MrOvershoot

Sandwich – Member

MrOvershoot I don’t miss summertime flour milling at all. Sweat washing the starch out of the product to leave gluten in your arm hair! Mold lots and lots of black stinky mold in spouting.

We had a gluten delivery yesterday and the dozy driver gave it to much bifters with the blower and blew the EX lid. Had to refit it & got loads of matted hairs on my arms 🙁

Worst thing is now the BRC rules have us wearing multiple layers that just make you sweat more, along with mandatory gloves & safety glasses you just drip which IMO seems less hygienic.

TBH the mold is worse in winter with hot stock hitting cold gravity spouting. C1a & C2b stocks being particularly bad.

isitafox
    Free Member

15°C is enough for me, currently sat at work in shorts and a vest and the thermometer is showing 29°C in the box. Sweating like a catholic priest in a school yard.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Hotter the better for me. Did feel a bit sweaty before coming to work on motorbike 29 Celsius at 2030 but soon cooled off. Currently 24 degrees.
    Missus whinges if it’s below 25. It was 38 Celsius in Rhodes at 0900 yesterday according to a mate who lives there. Now that’s hot.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Enjoyed my ride in the sun last night.
    Apocalypse has arrived this morning, need a canoe and a headtorch to venture outside right now 😯

jam-bo

It was 38 Celsius in Rhodes at 0900 yesterday according to a mate who lives there. Now that’s hot.

a friend is on his way back to Basra for work. 53deg!!!

tonyg2003

37degrees and 90% humidity here in Michigan today. Thank god for US levels of aircon!

fasthaggis

Apocalypse has arrived this morning, need a canoe and a headtorch to venture outside right now

and a lightning conductor 😉

mogrim

38C here yesterday, probably hit 40 down in Madrid. That’s not a huge problem, the worst bit is that it was about 25C all night long which is terrible for sleeping.

bearnecessities

25 degrees here with no sign of rain – appears to also be sending the local wildlife batshit.

ste_t
    Free Member

Heading off for a ride shortly with a thunderstorm forecast for later on. Got me thinking… If I get struck by lightening, will my bike be OK?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Heading off for a ride shortly with a thunderstorm forecast for later on. Got me thinking… If I get struck by lightening, will my bike be OK?

If you email me your route, I’ll be able to follow and pick it up to make sure it’s well looked after.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Heat moaners’ is closed to new replies.