Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Heat moaners
  • rOcKeTdOg

I’ve had 3 people already tell me it’s too hot & “the garden could do with some rain”
    It’s days like these that all those grotty commutes in rain/snow/wind are for embrace & make the most of it

welshfarmer

Give me snow and cool temps any day of the week 🙂

Anything over 20 degrees and I cease to function in a meaningful manner

DezB
    Free Member

Ridden in. Can’t. Stop. Sweating. (not complaining though)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    khani
    Free Member

Love it, I’m good for nothing in this heat.. but wgaf.. 8)
    It’ll be cold and wet soon enough.
    Also I liberated a 6KW air con system from a car showroom when it closed and was being demolished, and fitted it in the bedroom, so sleepings not a problem

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I can’t sleep, it’s too warm 😀

wwaswas

It’s too hot to have an argument about it…

scruff9252

I’m just annoyed as I have to go into the office for a meeting. Today’s the sort of day to be working from home, sat in the garden!

jam-bo

just rode 12 miles to work, mostly downhill. it was lovely.

I might be complaining about the heat on the ride back to the car about 5pm…

fathomer

Couldn’t agree more 😀

thecaptain
    Free Member

I would agree if it was months of hot weather, but it’s only a few days. Enjoy it while it lasts.

bearnecessities

I’m going to see how long I can make it through the day before I open the cold Cobras and Aspalls in the fridge.

A breakfast beer is wrong isn’t it?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

One benefit of getting old …. (the only other being cheap car insurance)

I don’t get as nearly as hot as I used too.

Sweating was kept to minimum on the train home and I slept like a baby last night.

martinhutch

They’ll probably collect my desiccated corpse from somewhere around Malham Tarn later on today. I don’t cope well with heat…

johndoh
    Free Member

Already been to the shops to get supplies, popped some beers in the fridge and am finishing early so I can do a family BBQ this evening.

I can’t wait – it feels like a mini weekend.

khani
    Free Member

Only if you’re going to work afterwards, otherwise crack on..

tomd
    Free Member

Normally I’d be with you on this but I’ve had about 3 hours sleep because our baby has been up all night suffering with the heat. Bring back the cloud and drizzle!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sick of all the incessant heat updates . New thread?

iainc

first and probably last day of summer in Glasgow today !

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im kind of torn, yes it is hot, but it feels worse because its come so quickly, so our bodies haven’t got the chance to acclimatise to it.
    This means that its bloody hot at work and in bed. However, a walk and a paddle down the beach after tea last night was just wonderful.

Im off to that london for a couple of days tonight. 😕

maccruiskeen

Only if you’re going to work afterwards, otherwise crack on..

depends what you do for work

bigyinn
    Free Member

iainc – Member

In 2016 summer was on a Tuesday…..

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m making the most of it…it won’t be here for long!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Im kind of torn, yes it is hot, but it feels worse because its come so quickly, so our bodies haven’t got the chance to acclimatise to it.

Just excuses, try doing winter to summer overnight a few times its just people liking a whinge

jekkyl

Facebook status’ about the heat met with derision from people in Oz laughing with smug emoji grins in a ‘call that hot’ stylee. gtfoh!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with saying it’s too hot for you – a subjective observation after all – if you’re a person that feels the heat not the cold. But what’s with these bellends that don’t like it when it’s warm or cool? Are they all Goldilocks or something?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I don’t mind the heat….but then I am off this week, so imagine it would be rubbish if sweating balls at work.

The best bit about really hot days is the long cool evenings.

binners

If anyone moans about it being too hot, then you simply have to quote Peter Kaye at them….

“Shut the **** up and have a Solero!” 😀

munrobiker
    Free Member

I can’t see why you’d want to be colder than it was yesterday. Went for a run this morning and it was glorious. I remember when I lived in Oz you had this almost every day and enjoyed it, then it rained once a month and it was so unusual no one went out with a rain coat because it felt so nice. That’s the way to live.

LAT

I think it is because the British are miserable and like to complain. I for one don’t like how miserable we Brits are and think something should be fine about it.

Cougar

Indeed.

50 weeks of the year: “It’s too cold / wet / miserable.”
    2 weeks of the year: “It’s too hot / we’re not used to it.”

There’s no pleasing people.

fasthaggis

Does that mean there may be some dust available at Mugdock? 😉 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

I think term time is one week too long. Having to deal with 28 x 8 year olds who are bored of school, tired and too hot. They should be with their parents for the summer holidays by now and I should be with my bike or by a pool!

Not moaning about the heat, moaning about having to be hear while it is hot!

jekkyl

Not moaning about the heat, moaning about having to be hear while it is hot!

are you a teacher? 😕

iainc

Does that mean there may be some dust available at Mugdock?

TBH I reckon it will still be a bit muddy today given recent rain !

Can’t get out tonight, but planning tomorrow, by which time it will likely be flooded again ….

ton

ridden in, a hot sweaty 10 miles.
    no stood in front of a big fan in my shorts, no top, looking like a big sweaty silverback gorilla……… 😆

thecaptain
    Free Member

Thanks for that mental image ^ pass the mind-bleach someone.

bearnecessities

Well I’ve been sat in the garden now for half an hour, just in shorts and I’m just a head to toe pile of sweat. At 9am!!

I do feel sorry for folk working in this.

Yak

Lovely out now for the school walk-in. A few hours of work, then a lunch ride. Love these conditions – going to be fast, fast, fast! Got a new Barzo on the front too that needs a decent test. Then more work followed by a kids trip to the lido. This is what working days in the summer are all about.

Coyote
    Free Member

Love hot summer days. Unfortunately I’m stuck in the office so need to maximise the opportunities. Up at 06:00 for a 6K run then planning a late evening ride arriving home just as it goes dark.

Northwind

I’m perfectly climate-adapted for Scotland so the last couple of days have killed me… Can’t sleep, can’t think. We’d better get an epic thunderstorm out of it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Heat moaners’ is closed to new replies.