Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Heart Rate Monitors HRM, for the hairy-chested gentleman
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

question as title,does anyone have a HRM strap that works even with a relatively thick layered chest-wig? 😯

I’ve used my basic Polar HRM and strap and it is hap-hazard unless i go fully shaved in the area, something that the Mrs looks upon rather dimly.

Have seen those HRMs that work by finger touch, but not that practical when on the move.

Any advice / tips? thanks

geoffj

Wet the back of the HRM sensor or use some KY jelly on it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

shave your chest. if you just do a strip under the strap, no one will know.

djglover
    Free Member

What would Burt Reynolds do?

Jase
    Free Member

Put the sensor part on your back

nano
    Free Member

My Garmin works fine despite my ‘pelt’

Reckon as long as it’s decent (garmin, polar etc.) you should be fine

DenDennis
    Free Member

djglover – Member

What would Burt Reynolds do?

exactly. thats why he’s asking! 8)

does it really work on the back?
    not sure my heartbeat is that strong, hey, maybe thats why i don’t win races….

thanks guys- I have wet it with water/spittle but not tried the KY as yet

Flaperon

Lick the plastic bit of the strap. Sounds disgusting but works nicely.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

http://www.mioglobal.com/

??

This is basically an HRM strap for your wrist that doubles as a watch, uses an optical sensor to measure your heart rate in the same way as that finger thing in the hospital. It doesn’t save any date, just displays it but can connect to another device via bluetooth if you want stuff saved.

DenDennis
    Free Member

cheers MOnkey, that looks like the sort of thing i was wondering if it existed, though out of my budget sadly….

Jase
    Free Member

Yes does work on back, a few people wear them like that as the Garmin ones can be affected by jersey flap in the wind.

DanW
    Free Member

Garmin ones can be affected by jersey flap in the wind

The soft straps seem quite temperamental but the hard straps are much more robust. OP if using a soft strap then search for a compatible hard version which will more than likely give you a better, more robust skin/ sensor connection

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Heart Rate Monitors HRM, for the hairy-chested gentleman’ is closed to new replies.