Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • heart rate monitor / calorie counter
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I am at the moment trying to lose weight and not doing to bad, I have come down from 18,3 to 15 stone,12lb.
    But now the weight loss has really slowed and was thinking of getting a heart rate monitor / calorie counter, as it seems to me most watch type ones do both but not sure, I imagine you have to were a chest strap to get accurate results so really a Garmin one would be best as I could use the strap with my edge 800 when out on bike, what I am trying to do is find out how many calories a day I burn a day to how many I consume

thanks in advance

trail_rat
    Free Member

even /HR linked ones are just a complete guess based on what ever companys algorythum you buy into.

but getting a HR strap for your garmin is a good idea 😀

composite
    Free Member

I found that the calories burnt number you get from the Garmin Edge 800 with a heart rate strap works really well for me personally. I have been using the “eat back your calories” method and I’ve gone from 179 to 160 lbs. I have lost weight a touch faster than my target speed so one could argue that it underestimates a touch under for me but not a huge amount.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘heart rate monitor / calorie counter’ is closed to new replies.